Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

6-29

Started by Bender, June 29, 2008, 08:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bender

Got out to the Canadian shore this morning. My dad was in town and has never been out there, heck I have only been on LSC 2 times before. We met up with RevTo and Shane at St. Jeans launch and headed out a little after 6. We started deep and my dad got the first fish on a tube in about 12 FOW:

I was throwing my favorite Pointer with no luck then switched to an 8 foot diving Fetch Min still with no takers so I switched to a drop shot and got my first:

The bite died off and I talked to Tom and they were getting them in a little more shallow so we moved up the coast and in a bit to 6'. We stayed here for about 6 hours catching a lot of smaller fish with the occasional nice one mixed in:

It was getting to be about 1:30 so we decided to head deeper (14-16) again and try for some bigger fish and it worked:

and one more to finish the day:

We got a little wet but ended up catching about 50 total including the shorts. The big one was my personal best by far going a hair shy of 22" on the Golden Rule and all fish except the first one came on either 3" or a 4" Nemesis gobies in various colors.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Dan - Why couldn't we catch any of those?
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

fiker

perhaps you weren't using Nemesis gobies?

Way cool Chris.  I'll bet it was especially great being able to take your Dad.  I make a couple of short trips each year with mine.  Dad's getting pretty old, so it becomes more and more precious each year.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Great job Chris,
We couldn't stay out as long so we only got about 20 or so, but the South Shore didn't disappoint.  We mainly stayed in 10' and caught them pretty steadily.  We had a number of 3 pounders and some short fish as well.  It was hard to fish a tube with all the algae, but Shane managed to catch quite a few on the bottom.  I caught some with a dropshot tube and didn't have any takers on faster moving baits.  One thing I noticed was that the fish were really short striking the baits. 

All in a all, it was a great few hours.  I wish I could have stayed out longer.  Way to go Chris.  Great pics.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]