Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit River Public Access Survey you need to take

Started by djkimmel, August 06, 2018, 08:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The Michigan DNR Parks and Recreation Division has posted a survey on Detroit River Public Access that you need to take before September 4th.

https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79144---,00.html

I thought it was going to be more directly tied to our demands that Parks and Rec Division build a tournament-friendly, large public access facility on Belle Isle but this survey turns out somewhat more generic. Though I'm not surprised. It still seems like Parks and Rec Division is fighting this obviously great idea considering there's no suitable, safe public access for the entire southern half of Lake St. Clair and the Upper Detroit River. A glaring shortfall when we all know public access is a main factor for losing or keeping anglers and boaters.

Even if you don't plan on fishing that area much the idea of NOT maximizing ALL possible opportunities to expand public access is a major issue with the MDNR. One side effect of the MDNR not meeting public access demand is they use bass tournaments as an issue for other users not getting a parking spot every time they want one, when the real problem is there are more people wanting parking spots than the MDNR has provided. Even when they could provide more the MDNR sometimes purposefully reduces the number of parking spots in new boat ramps to appease riparians. They should be providing as much access as they can all the time, and they should never be blaming actual users for their failure to provide enough spots.

When you take the survey please make sure you mention in the comments that you want a large, tournament-friendly, safe public access site on Belle Isle.

One other thing I want you to mention is that they should NEVER be using surveymonkey for surveys. I told the MDNR two years ago that surveymonkeys gives large amounts of money to the humane society of the United States - the radical animals rights con company that has been the biggest attacker against Michigan hunting and fishing for some time. surveymonkey has given more money to H$US than any of their other 'charities' while ignoring pleas to reconsider even thinking H$U$ is a charity.

After all, H$U$ cons people into giving them tens of millions of dollars every year to help 'pets' yet H$U$ only gives 1% of their annual money to pet shelters that people THINK they are helping! H$U$ doesn't even believe in pet ownership. The bulk of their money goes to offshore bank accounts, employee salaries, paying fines and court losses and raising more money. They spend more attacking hunting and fishing than they do on pets. We can't be giving ANY support to radical animal rights or companies that support them!

surveymonkey has given $3.2 MILLION to H$U$! I was not happy after thinking the MDNR was completely done with surveymonkey when I saw this important survey was going there. I brought it to their attention right away. They are blaming a contractor they hired. Why wouldn't they make sure contractors don't use companies they wouldn't use?

I never got a reply from Lansing or the Parks and Recreation Division. As much as I hate doing ANYTHING to help radical animal rights directly or indirectly this is an important survey so please take it but add to your comments that you expect the MDNR to NEVER use surveymonkey again.

Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Thanks! Hope we can straighten some things out here.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.