Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:33:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

I'll make 101! Updated with Hook Pics

Started by superjay5, February 25, 2006, 11:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superjay5

Hey guys, Great Site!!!? I have been lurkn' for a bit, but it decided it was time to join.

Noticed most of you are down south and figured we needed more northern boys to represent the lower north.

I'm in Traverse City, fish NBBA weekend and week nites, and also am a member of a local club, I bet you guys want to know about the Bays :P

Just want to say Hey, and hope to learn and pass on some good info, well not ALL the good info :P

Cheetam

Welcome SJ.  Good to see you over here...
Jeff

djkimmel

Hey superjay5!!! Thanks for being 101!

You any relation to Super Dave (by any chance)???

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

superjay5

Nope, no relation, I found that out the hard way :)

I dunno bout you guys, but I've gotta get some bassin' in soon, I can't take this hard water anymore....grrrrrrrr.

yukonjack2

welcome aboard Superjay!  would love to know about the bays.

The hard water down here is driving me nuts as well as the crappy classic coverage! 

come on spring!
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

cwinsiii

Superjay5

Are you Jason R. if so, I'm you neighbor with the Triton.

Skulley

Welcome aboard SuperJay.  What the heck took you so long????

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

superjay5

Howdy Neighbor ;) Boat still for sale?

UAWBigDog, I was taking my time, checkin you guys out, and you guys are alright :)

cwinsiii

I've been thinking about selling it if you want to talk let me know.

If you want to do some fishing let me know. We can take my boat and you can drive.

superjay5

Thats not a bad offer, but I'm more in the dreaming of a new boat stage then actually buying a new boat stage...hahaha

But for sure we can go out sometime, should go out during the new catch and release period, after that, I'll be a busy boy fishin' tourneys.

Could also take you out on my boat to mud lake just down the road from us, its a lake you wouldnt want to take your boat too, but its a fun lake to fish, its loaded with stumps and cover, alot of bucketheads.

cwinsiii

You don't have to want to buy the boat, lets just go fishing. If you want to drive it, I have no problems letting you drive.

Let me know when you want to go to Mud. I won't pull that spinnerbait trick your partner pulled on you last season.

Sometime you need to stop by so I can watch that video.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

superjay5

Spinnerbait trick???

I took a spinnerbait with a 3/0 gammy trailer hook to the back of my head during a tourny last year by my partner, the trailer hook was buried past the bend, I toughed it out and finished the tourney, then spent about 3 hours waiting in the ER. I have some pics at home, I'll post later.

smbassman

Cheetam

I saw your pics on BPS's forum...nice battle wound!  The real question is, How did you finish?  Did you place in the money?
Jeff

djkimmel

I thought the REAL question was - What color was the spinnerbait?!? ;D

Hooksetter

Welcome superjay5, you're gonna like it here.

The second part of the question would be-Did you catch any fish with it?
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

smbassman

Quote from: djkimmel on February 27, 2006, 12:35:51 PM
I thought the REAL question was - What color was the spinnerbait?!? ;D

I think it was a Strike King color........  you know...............the "Bleeding Bait" color!!!!!!

Yep, that was bad!  Sorry.

superjay5

It sucked at the time, but now provides lots of laughs, so laugh away!!!!!!!!!!

We ended up with 1 fish, it was a NBAA weeknite tourney so with only 3 hours and haveing to deal with the hook in my head, I'm glad we got that one.

Have ya ever fished with a spinnerbait hanging from your head??? Its not fun, there was alittle wind to, that would make the blades spin and click together. We didnt have a good set of dikes to cut it at the shank, finally we flagged down another one of our club members and he had something to cut it with, I felt like a free man, still haveing the hook in my head though.

Cheetam

Quote from: superjay5 on February 27, 2006, 01:34:36 PM
...Its not fun, there was alittle wind to, that would make the blades spin and click together...

Colorado, Indiana or Willow?  I'd hate to have a big 'ol Colorado spinning off the back of my head...that'd be a heck of a lot of drag...OUCH!
Jeff