Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:41:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Running MMC chips??

Started by motocross269, May 13, 2008, 11:05:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

I just bought a Lakemaster Chip for my Bow mount...I have never ran an MMC chip before...I can't find much on running a chip in my instructions...Basically they just show puting the chip in the unit...Do I just put the chip in and it boots up automatically??? or do I have to go to some sort of file to turn it on???

MBell

I run the lakemaster MI chip in my Lowrance 334c.  Just put it in and turn it on.  However I recently upgraded my software from ver 1.3 to ver 1.7  It will no longer boot up with the chip in the unit, just freezes at the boot screen.  I have to boot the unit then place the chip in after it's already running, per lowrance.  It just happened so I haven't had a chance to get lowrance on the phone but their email response was dissapointing...

Thank you for your inquiry. We do apologize for the delayed response, during our busiest season. 

We are experiencing some issues with the new larger cards.  It is recommended that you continue to insert the card after the unit has been turned on, which allow the unit full power to process the new database. 

If further assistance is needed, please let us know.

Thank you for choosing Lowrance.

Lowrance Customer Service
12000 E. Skelly Dr.
Tulsa, OK 74128

-Matt

bshaner

Sounds so Bill Gates'ish.  Release a product and let the customer pay you to test it.  I would suggest not upgrading the version on the units.  Stick  with the current version you have.  I ran into the same problem as MBell.

Fortunately I have a Humminbird 797 and 787 now :)  Just got them installed.  Man that side imaging is the bomb!

I used to really like my Lowrance machines.  Had never used a Humminbird until this month.  I gotta say I like them much better.  The functionality and menus just seem to be more friendly.  I'll stop hijacking your thread now, sorry.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Langer

Shaner,

What did you do with your Lowrances?  I am looking for another LMS 480 or a 520.

Brian

Oh and I have the Lakemaster chip and I just put it in when it was powered down and havent removed it since, boots fine each time.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

motocross269

Sounds good..Thanks for the responses...I will try it out tommorrow..

bshaner..Hummingbird has come a long way...It was basically a coin toss on what to go with for me....

bshaner

It's not the lakemaster chip that is the problem.  It is the software version upgrade.  I had no problems with my lakemaster chip.

Langer,

I dont have either of those models.  I ram mounted both my humminbirds and am still using the Lowrance at the console.  I use the split screen side image/2d sonar view on the humminbird and use the Lowrance in dash for my GPS info/mapping while I'm watching the sonar. 

moto,

Had I not just had to have this side imaging technology to satisfy my inner greed, I probably would still have Lowrances, I like them.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

motocross269

I put the chip in and ran it today...seemed to work fine...Can't wait to get out on the water to check it out...I have the PC software for Lakemaster also...I am going to try to play with uploading info off from that..I have an MMC Reader so it shouldn't be any problem..