Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Thanks to All

Started by Rangerman, July 21, 2018, 07:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Really love the site and special thanks to Dan for providing.  This site has helped me and the Lake Norman Mafia :) a lot  on our trips to LSC.  NOt being for the area it is a great help and thanks for all the local information. 8) If any of use Down South can help please feel free to give a call or email.  Thanks Dan for all and your crew for the helpful hints.. Hope to be back up North before too long 8) 8) 8) 8)

Revtro

Glad you're a part of the crew and drinking the LSC Cool-Aide.  Mmmmm...tasty.  Thanks for being a part of GLB.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Rangerman

Well when you water gets hard, come on down South fish is at it best in the winter here on Norman.  Nothing like LSC but lots of spots but small ;) Going to climb the hill and fish Cherokee for some more of those Brown Fish after T Day.

djkimmel

I've heard Norman has turned into a lake full of tiny spotted bass. Sure wish anglers would get smarter. We don't need private stocking programs. They just mess things up, and can spread fish diseases.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

We do, but they never seem to grow up :) Now for the perch jerker's the bottom of the lake is paved with White Perch (that eats all the bait) with no limit on size or numbers. Y'all come on down when in gets cold up there and the water gets hard.  Lake Norman is a great winter fishery with some of the heavier sack weighted. We had a good but not great trip to LSC this year (8 Boats) and we caught fish but no more that 15-20 per day each boat. The wind never let up but one out of the 8 days of fishing. We were about two weeks early again. Seems as we have been early or late the last few years ::) Got a note to self to check water temp more closely for next year, hope to maybe get back up North this fall in Sept or early Oct. Seems to catch not as many but bigger fish. Y'all Come we need your money

kbrown4595

Quote from: djkimmel on June 10, 2019, 01:22:29 PM
I've heard Norman has turned into a lake full of tiny spotted bass. Sure wish anglers would get smarter. We don't need private stocking programs. They just mess things up, and can spread fish diseases.

You heard wrong......it is loaded with spots but it has big ones along with a lot of smaller ones. Spotted bass are the best thing that ever happened to lake Norman and a lot of other lakes down here. It's an incredible fishery year around. It gets a bad name from people that only know how to throw a Ned rig and catch dinks.

I am coming up to lake St Clair next week for 5-6 days and can't wait. Hope it treats us like it did last year during the week of the 4th.

Rangerman

:) :) Kevin did not here wrong lived here on LKN since it filled. Sure LKN has lots of spots but again no real size to speak about.  It is well worth the drive 12 hours to LSC the timing is the key to water temp. We when about two weeks too early and the wind was 15-25 with gust to 30. Lake Saint Clair is not a place in a blow. We just trailer to area we could fish. Note the rivers were also too cold.  Most of the fish coming from Mile Roads when the wind would let us out there. Try to time your trip to the Big May Fly hatch and water temp 62-65. Hoping to get back up early this fall, the number are not there but the bigger fish seem to be in full swing. Oct two years ago our my best 5 was 27 even. Again wind blowing, raining and cold but good bite. You need to go for along as you can due to the weather. West is the Best, East is the least, North no smart fishermen goes forth and South blow the hook in the fish's mouth 8) I sure wish I lived about 11 hours closer.  Good luck on I-75 :o