email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLW Tour 2009  (Read 2054 times)

Durand Dan

FLW Tour 2009
« on: August 14, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »

Looks like the FLW is turning it's tour into a exclusive event starting next year. All pros have to register for all 6 tournaments to be elgible. That's some big money!! 6 x $4000 = $24,000. Also only 150 boat per event. I guess that might be an effort to keep the locals from competing

DanM

Re: FLW Tour 2009
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:54:26 AM »

That's alright....can't wait to see what the B.A.S.S Northern Opens Schedule is going to look like for 2009.

Duke

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:21 AM »

I thought they got rid of the BASS Northern Opens. Have I missed something?
Duke

Eric

• Legend
  • www.reelresponsesolutions.com
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:47:36 AM »

Rumor has it, Northerns are coming back next year.

DanM

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 08:51:09 AM »

It's not rumor it was on the ESPN site awhile back....I believe it was the same article where they mentioned that they are having no more non-boaters on the elite series. 

Update: Found the paragraphs outlining the changes....

"Along with the schedule, BASS announced today that co-anglers will be removed from Elite Series competitions starting in 2009. Bass fishing fans will continue to have the opportunity to ride along with the pros. This move further elevates the status of the Elite Series events and professional fishing. The program details will be posted on Bassmaster.com at a later date.

Co-anglers will continue to compete in Bassmaster Opens – the ultimate proving ground on the way to the Elite Series – as well as other BASS events. Considering the success of the Open format, BASS also established today the addition of another Open division, the Bassmaster Northern Opens. Qualifying structures and the complete Open schedule will be released in the near future. "
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:00:07 AM by DanM »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge