Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:49:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St. Jean's Ramp??

Started by Rangerman, July 03, 2018, 09:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Not being from the area, how is St. Jeans Ramp. safe? and how easy to get to from Selfridge Area.  Just a little cautious due to close to down town.

Revtro

The area has improved over the years.  I launched there last week with no issues.  There was an attendant on duty.  It's a quick trip up 94 to Selfridge. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hollada

Launched there last Friday.  No issues.  Pretty steep ramp and hard to spot coming back from the river.  Make sure to mark a waypoint.  $10 launch fee.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Rangerman

Thanks guys what exit off  I-94

Revtro

Exit at Conner.  Take it East past Jefferson to Freud.  Turn right and take that to St. Jean and hang a left and go to the end. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hollada

Conner is the best option.  My gps takes me on a more "exciting" route through the local neighborhoods.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Rangerman

Thanks what is the exact address, I'll  plug it in the "female dog"  (Garmin) and hope for the best :) :)
Are trucks and trailer safe left at landing?? Just a little afraid that close to town ::) ::)  Heard lots of bad stories 8)

Rangerman

Thanks for the correction to "Female Dog"  the other word is what I call the Garmin when she says Turn around as soon as possible, make a U turn, :) :) :) :) :) :) :) but does help me somewhat with road construction, and across the City :) :)

Hollada

Follow revtro's directions.  Your garmin May take you on a more scenic route.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

21XDC

150 St Jean St, Detroit, MI 48214

2 St Jean St, Detroit, MI 48214

https://binged.it/2u18NH2
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Rangerman

Thanks if I can help you in my neck of the woods give me a call. 8) Remember our water does not get hard in the winter and open season 7/24/365 y'all welcome.

dartag

Launched at St Jean this morning at 6:15.  Attendant was there.  10.00 to launch.  Probably 6 other trailers in the lot.  Make sure you waypoint the entrance when you get out to the river.   It is a little hard to see when you come back downriver.   One of the old Boblo Boats is tied up just downriver. 

Team houston

dartag

Wasn't a great day.   Did catch some nice ones feeding on fish fly carcass just outside the river.  Started to run to Bell River but a thunderstorm got in the way.  Fished some waypoints by Pike Creek then the wind picked up.  Tried out deep but my little boat didn't like the waves.   Came in to Askins point and caught some small fish.   Fished all around Peche shallow but only caught 1.   Fished the Delphine until the waves got to big then headed home. 

Sad I just saw on the news the Boblo Boat caught fire today.   Wish I had taken a photo yesterday.

Revtro

Sad to hear that.  Every time I see those old boats, it brings back great memories. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Rangerman

Now the 64 K Question??  Would you recommend any hotel/motels that are boater friendly in South Shore area??

Revtro

I won't charge you $64k for this answer, but you'll thank me.  LOL  Do yourself a favor and just stay in Roseville off of 94.  It's only a 15 minute or so drive and you don't have to stay in a bad area where your rig may not be safe overnight.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Rangerman

Thanks Revo will do, Roseville not doing so well now with Pro Rig stolen, dam it I'm going to sleep in the boat with Mr. Glock and still pay for a room :) :) :) Never be hit yet up that way buy alway ready freddy, alarms, and a real big crowd of red necks from down south. :) :) :)