Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:20:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone want to fish St Clair Thursday the 24th?

Started by Revtro, May 22, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

I can't go but go to the place we caught them in the DK Open.  I hear they are there.

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

red68prostreet

Hollada

I'll be out there.  Might see yo at the same place if it's near where you and I went last year. 

Check the weather in the morning.  The fog didn't lift until almost 10 this morning.  The fog advisory ended at 9 :-(
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Revtro

Keep an eye out.  I'm in a silver Stratos Fish N Ski.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

red68prostreet

Tom,
        I had a great time yesterday! Thanks for showing me a few new areas I have never fished before.
      Have a great Holiday weekend,
Mark

Revtro

Ditto...I had a very nice day fishing with ya.  Let's do it again!

Report: (sorta)
I gotta say.  You never know what you're gonna get when you post a random "who wants to go fishing" post and a total stranger responds.  He might be a cool guy or he might not be.  You just never know.  I've always sought out new fishing friends, so I've experienced both extremes.  I once fished with a guy who had an annoying habit which caused some pretty severe nausea on my part that lasted the whole day.  That sucked.  I fished with another guy who just had a bad attitude and was no fun to fish with. (actually that's happened many times).  I fished with another guy who just didn't talk.  Booooring.   

But Thursday was an awesome day.  Mark was an awesome guy to fish with.  A genuinely nice guy.  We had lots of enjoyable conversation about fishing and family.  I ended the day feeling like I made a new friend which for me is part of the joy of fishing.  I'm no longer a tournament guy.  That took the joy away.  Since I stopped tourneys and just fish for fun, I've had the pleasure of meeting tons of great guys and made tons of new friends without the pressure of the tournament game.  Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against tourney fishing.  It was just FOR ME that it became stressful, too expensive, and robbed me of the joy of fishing.  That's just me and I realize that.  So I am always so thankful to meet other like-minded...cool dudes like Mark.  Mark, you have a standing invitation to fish with me anytime.  I had a blast. 

We fished beds.  I'm new to that, so I sucked at it.  Those who know me know that due to the birth of my son, I once sold my boat and took a couple years off of fishing which occurred during the time the state created the CIR season.  So my 30+ years of experience fishing St. Clair is from the 3rd Saturday in June on.  I never really learned bed fishing.  Mark on the other hand, dialed it in pretty quickly and caught plenty.  I cleared out some rockies for him and got one nice bass, but Mark did much better.  I have GOT to get more patient and master this bed fishing thing.  So for me it was a slow day but the company was great so I didn't care at all.  My new (used) boat ran great and we had no problems which always counts in my book as a great day on the water. 

Man, I just love Lake St. Clair.  I am so blessed to live 5 minutes away from this amazing body of water.  Thursday was part of a great start to the season.  I'm really excited to keep getting out there and getting my "mojo" back.  No, not MOJO, although he is always welcome on my boat.  He's one of those really great guys that I've had the honor to meet and call a good friend. 

Anyway, I'm rambling.  See you all out on the water!  LET'S GO FISHIN!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Firefighter Jeff

Great report..... sorta.  LOLOL  I never really tournament fished much but I learned early that fun fishing was the way to go for me. I'd love to fish with you some time but with me living 3 hours plus away itd prolly be hard to work out. That and I own a boat.  I'd still let it sit at the hotel a day to fish with some of the guys on here.  Maybe someday.   :)   Oh, and I think bed fishing is a blast.

djkimmel

red68prostreet is a great guy! I LOVE hearing these kinds of stories! One of the main reasons I created this website is to bring more people together sharing the joy of fishing!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.