Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:51:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Nemesis baits 3" gobie

Started by fishon1219, June 09, 2008, 12:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

I have to say that I am very impressed by the new 3" gobie by Nemesis baits. Alot of you may think that I am biased because of my friendship with McCarter, but if something dosen't work I am not afraid to tell somebody it doesn't work.

I took a couple of guys out on St.Clair this past saturday for some C&R action and between 3 of us caught easily 150 bass. We did catch many small fish in the 13"-14" range, but we caught several in the 3-5lb range. 90% of the fish we caught were on the 3" nemesis baits gobie in KLB color. I started out using the 3"gobie and had my friends using a gulp gobie and a gulp 3" fry worm and I was smoking them 4 fish to each one they caught. It didn't take long for them to change to the Nemesis gobie.

I decided later in the day to run a non-scientific test. We spotted a large fish hanging on a single rock and I was using a gulp gobie in smoke purple and my buddie was throwing the Nemesis gobie. I presented my bait on several different cast's with not so much as a look. I lined up the boat just right and at the same time we both pitched to the fish and landed our baits within inches of each other and the smallie went for the Nemesis gobie immeadiatly.
That fish weighed 5 1/4 lbs.

I tried a variety of different gobie patterns from other company's that day, but the nemesis gobie was the ticket. I was still catching fish, but no where near the numbers I was when I had on the Nemesis gobie.

So all of you that fish St.Clair and Erie deffinatly need to try some of these out. If you are skeptical just get 1 bag of your favorite color and put them to the test. You will love this bait and probably be calling Brian while you are on the lake to order more.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Craiger9er

Are these baits only available online, or can I pick 'em up anywhere?

Thanks

Revtro

I don't think they are in any stores yet..unless there's a recent development.  Get them online.  They are local and will get them to you right away.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

shamless plug by some   "patch pirate ".  one armed that is....

hey Brian can i have some too... 

skeeterman190

I too am a true fanatic on the nemesis goby. I know McCarters my buddy and all but ive never really fish this bait too much until lately. Bed fish love them,smallies or largemouth. Ive seen 3 fish over 4lbs destroy them after I fished the beds wth a 5" stik bait. The way that they sit in the water is the reason why. Im coming up on some big tourenys on St.Clair and Erie and I cant wait to try them out there. Like mentioned before there only available online at Nemesisbaits.com. Check them out you wont be dissapointed.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

McCarter

Wow! Thanks Guys!  I could not be happier with how the 3" came out.

Kev, sounds like a good day on the pond.  Glad you guys got into them. 

Craiger,  We can certainly make arrangments for a pick up.  We pour the baits in Brighton, I live in Wixom, and I work in Roseville.  So depending on where you live or work, we can work something out.

Rev, we are not in any stores.  We have had a few offers but by the time you add up the material costs and time we put into pouring all the baits, there just isnt enough in them to sell them to stores at 50% off so they can mark them up and make money.  Our plan is to use all the profits to build the operation.  Once we get to a point where we are producing at a high enough level, we should be able to sell to tackle stores and still make some money. 

dartag, you get nothing, but i did make up a nice 'doggie bag' for lola with some 3" and 4" gobys and some 5" sticks cut in half.  I know how much she likes to drop shot.

skeeterman, i told you they were bad mofos.  Next time you see a bed, try rigging one on a jig head and tossing it in there.  the nose down feeding action gets em everytime.  seriously.

Since we still do not have a color chart up, i will offer up some suggestions on colors that we and our customers have some well with.

Real Goby: brownish base with a slight red tint, micro gold flake, medium white flake, and huge black flake.

KLB: Medium smoke with micro gold, black, silver, and small purple.

Green Mist: Watermelon with medium black and irridecent.  ( the irridecent shows up as different shades of copper and chartruese)

Great Lakes Candy:  Same as Green Mist with small Purple and Blue flake.

Or if you prefer, create your own color and let us make it for you.  Skys the limit. 

McCarter himself

skeeterman190

Yeah they are and ill have to try the jighead deal. Dont think ill be finding too many beds this year anymore but who knows?? It sounds as though I wont get revenge for 2 years on them Burt and Mullet fish but Charlevoix fish are in trouble next year. Ill hoist my sack up and say Nemesis baits B*%&$@*! haha-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

McCarter

Kev sent me this picture from his trip last weekend on St Clair.  This guy is holding the biggest smallmouth of his life that he caught on our new 3" goby.  The look on his face says it all, dont you think?

CraigSLee

How do you fish the Gobie Baits?  On a dropshot rig?

Also, what is the KLB color?   The Nemisis website does not describe the colors.

djkimmel

You can fish them anyway, but they are designed with the drop shot particularly in mind as to how they suspend horizontally.

I think you mean the KLK color - the Kent Lake Killer? Green pumpkin with gold and purple flake. Nemesis is working on updating to color charts.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cheetam

Quote from: djkimmel on June 22, 2008, 04:47:19 PM
You can fish them anyway, but they are designed with the drop shot particularly in mind as to how they suspend horizontally.

I think you mean the KLK color - the Kent Lake Killer? Green pumpkin with gold and purple flake. Nemesis is working on updating to color charts.
KLB is the super secret Kevin L. Barrows color.  Smoke base with a bunch of different flake...too many colors to even remember...lol
Jeff

Bender

AHHH! the color chart! That thing has been my personal nemesis. I do apologize about the delay, but it is really hard to get good photos that show the real color of the baits without having glare. I even built a light tent and tried many different types of lighting, but that didn't help. The color chart is now my #1 priority and will be up soon.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

bshaner

Quote from: Bender on June 22, 2008, 09:34:37 PM
AHHH! the color chart! That thing has been my personal nemesis.

If that pun doesnt hit you in the face.... :P

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

robtheboatman

Just got my shipment of the 3" goby, and can't wait for the FLW.  The Nemesis guys are pouring a quality product.  I highly recomend them (but I won't tell what color).
Rob