Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

4-30 Ramps on St. Clair

Started by Revtro, May 01, 2018, 10:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Just a heads up. 

The Cutoff ramp is a mess.  Docks still not in.

Harley Ensign has some docks in and conditions are good.  Hopefully all the remaining docks will be in by the DK.

The 9 Mile ramp is shallow.  I had to put my truck WAY into the water in order to get the boat on and off the trailer.  Honestly I hate that ramp for lots of reasons.  But it's open and busy.  This is the only ramp in St. Clair Shores that will allow non-residents to launch.  The cost is $10.  They don't usually ask for ID.  Prepare to get your exercise walking the 1/4 Mile from the dock to the parking lot.  Bring a skateboard or something.

The 11 Mile (Library) and Blossom Heath launches are still NOT allowing nonresidents to launch.  The guy at 11 Mile IS asking for IDs from everyone who does not have a sticker.  I haven't even bothered with Blossom Heath because the almost always ask for ID.  You'd think they'd like more income at these ramps.  Oh well. 

If you are coming out this way from the West, don't plan on 696 for the return ride home.  696 is now totally shut down for Westbound traffic and will be that way till November (if you believe them LOL).  I just made the trip up from AL to MI up 75 a few weeks ago and don't remember if we got detoured.  Must have been no big deal. 

Oh, then there's Metro Beach.  If you want to pay exorbitant prices and have a 20 minute idle out to the lake...go for it.  LOL  (Hint:  Just go the extra couple miles to Harley.)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

stackenem

Just tell them at metro you are a senior citizen and it's cheaper!!!
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

bob o

Oh, then there's Metro Beach.  If you want to pay exorbitant prices and have a 20 minute idle out to the lake...go for it.  LOL  (Hint:  Just go the extra couple miles to Harley.)

unless you know the short cut....shhhhhh

Revtro

Quote from: bob o on May 01, 2018, 05:33:38 PM
unless you know the short cut....shhhhhh

True.  Although I wonder with the water up like it is, if it'll be easy to get thru.  My old boat could never make it under that bridge. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dartag

Went to Metro last year.   You can't use the short cut as the water to high. 

1BADAIR

that bridge is supposed to be removed

dartag

Quote from: 1BADAIR on May 02, 2018, 04:38:23 PM
should be gone or gone really soon
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20180403/NEWS/180409916

Great article until it says they need 600-700 per homeowner.  That will put the brakes on it.  Deal with that a lot here on the lake.

1BADAIR

that was to replace it.  thats why its getting torn down

djkimmel

Wonder why 9 Mile is shallow? The water is up... last time I launched there it seemed okay depth-wise?

Sounds like they are going to put the bridge back over the Metro shortcut. Are they going to make it higher off the water maybe? That would be nice. I didn't think anyone has been able to use the shortcut for the past few seasons?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

Dan, the depth of the water is fine at 9 mile. Its the angle of the ramp that makes it so you have to have all four wheels of the vehicle in the water to load.

Revtro

Quote from: Team houston on May 03, 2018, 06:49:21 AM
Dan, the depth of the water is fine at 9 mile. Its the angle of the ramp that makes it so you have to have all four wheels of the vehicle in the water to load.

Yes, sorry that is what I meant to say.  I had water up to my front door before I could get my boat off the trailer.  Didn't like that.  If you have a higher riding vehicle, it's probably not a problem. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Hollada

At least they raised the dock at nine mile so it's above water this year....
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Talked to a CO the other day.  They said they hope the cutoff ramp will be open sometime this week.  He said they contracted out the work this year.  I drove by and there is an excavator there but no one working.  :/
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I got the word by email yesterday evening that the Clinton River Cutoff ramp is now open! Finally!

Rangerman

Well guys we used 9mile, Crocker, Selfridge and even Fairhaven with no problems all last week and all ramps in good shape except Crocker the trash in the water will total a trailer loading and unloading but ramp is find :)  Now roads getting to the lake that is a different story. Pick you route very careful. Coming from south I-75 open to I 94 no problems other than construction.  Heading back is the problem with I-696 close, had I-94 shut down Saturday had to cut accross Detroit back to I-75 and then back on I-94 to I-275 and then back on I-75.  Confused yet, thank God for a Garmin with updated traffic :) :) :)

Revtro

Yes, if you use the cutoff ramp, do 2 things:
1. Make sure your motor is spitting water when you launch.
2. Clean the inlets when you get the boat back on the trailer. 

That crap in the water will clog the engine right up. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]