Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How about a Road Report??

Started by Rangerman, April 30, 2018, 07:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Coming up from NC with the Lake Norman Mafia for a week or so in June.  Thanks for any help in getting to Roseville/Selfridge area without a cluster  :D :D Last year it was 75 to 696 to 94. Is that still the best?   Or can you get off I-75 to I-94 ? Believe me not being a local I do not want to see some the area's of Detroit I got into a year of so back :) :) :)Thanks guys

stackenem

From what I have been seeing it is orange barrel season where ever you go in Mi right now. Maybe get a huey and load it up and land at Selfridge. LOL I really can't help you on anything coming from the south.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

pipepro

Cant help much with that side of the state, maybe this will help.

https://mdotnetpublic.state.mi.us/drive/

GlennD

If you want you can take 75 north to 275 to Romulus then get on 94 that way you won't go through the heart of the city
2015 Ranger 620
Yamaha 250 & T9.9 Four Strokes
Lowrance Electronics
Minnkota Terrova 112

Jay-MadWags

Take I-75 North to I-96 to I-94 East.  That will by pass Downtown Detroit.
Good Luck.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Mojo

What's up Rangerbro, 696 West is completely shut down, that's the major news. Taking 94 off 75 seems the safest most direct, but the bumpiest route.......
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Rangerman

Thanks Mojo that's the way we most times go, last year had to do the i-75 to I-696 and then I 94 :) going and coming due to South I 75 shut down for a rebuild. The  year before ALL off ramps closed from I-75 to I-94 and Son that's the year I saw places I don't care to revisit :) :) Shoot me a report when time get closer.  Be at the Holiday at Selfridge this year. Stop by for a cold beer, not can taxed of coarse.

Mojo

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Hollada

I75 south is still shutdown by the way.  This year is a major clusterpuck - worse than usual.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Hollada

PS - there's also dnr fishing nets strung out in anchor bay and Heard a report today about a number of new offshore orange buoys in the 10/11 mile area.  Not sure what they are - could be floating logs that someone marked.

Be careful out there
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

djkimmel

I don't believe I've heard anything about the orange buoys in the 10-11 Mile Road area? Wonder what that's all about?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

Thanks for all the updates, guess I'll update the Garmin the day before and hope for the best :) :) You boy's just don't be beating up on the fish till we get there :) :)  Already planning a game plan, stocking up on baits etc. just wish LSC was not 12 hours up hill, and lots of tolls 8)