email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kent lake  (Read 1084 times)

stackenem

Kent lake
« on: April 18, 2018, 07:29:00 PM »

Any one know if the water level is up yet?
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Firefighter Jeff

Re: Kent lake
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 08:25:54 PM »

Any one know if the water level is up yet?

Sorry, can't help ya.  Do you fish it much ??

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:42 PM »

dartag will know... with all his days off he has time to drive around looking at lakes to plan his next fishing trips... I haven't driven by Kent since maybe 2 weeks ago. It looked low then but not easy to see much from a little car whizzing by on 96.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 07:53:37 AM »

I drive past on 96 often and always check the corner rock for the water levels, don't believe it is up yet. I think they wait until about the end of April before they raise the lake.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 03:15:18 PM »

That sounds about right. Should be soon.

Seems like you can usually still launch at the East ramp in that farthest right hole.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »

That sounds about right. Should be soon.

Seems like you can usually still launch at the East ramp in that farthest right hole.

The East ramp is the one they are rebuilding.   I posted about it last fall.  The old cement docks and everything had been removed.   A new ramp at a very steep angle was poured.  They must be going to floating docks.  The angle of the ramps will make it nicer to launch I hope.   Guess I will have to drive out there and check it out.

detroit1

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2018, 06:37:41 PM »

What is the water temp on Union? 
WAVE THERAPY

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »

What is the water temp on Union? 

46 degrees at the end of my dock 3 feet down this afternoon.  Really windy with Big Whitecaps.  Water Clarity is great. 

detroit1

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 04:25:36 PM »

Thanks Steve.
WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »

For some reason I guess I thought the Kent Lake ramp work was done now. Whoops.

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »

Steve said the ramp is completed - I'm going to try the ramp tonight. (Hopefully)
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2018, 11:03:09 AM »

Boy! That was fast - from 'no one knows when they're going to finish it' to done in a couple days!! Hope you get in and maybe even catch some fish.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »

NO.  Steve said the ramp is NOT Complete.  The ramp is done but the pavement is not in. It is still blocked.  The West ramp is open

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »

Oh boy... that is the 1st time T-bone has ever led me astray!?! I probably started something now by 'getting the word out.' Won't be the first time I've gotten myself into trouble over a boat ramp...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:48:13 PM by djkimmel »

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 01:47:15 PM »

OMG!!! It WASN'T t-bone that led me astray!!! But dartag!! Will things ever be the same again?!?

Darn typos and word-flipping!!

Sorry t-bone!

mikesmiph

• Mike Smith
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »

Dan, relax and go fishing. LOL Be glad you're not working 12 hours 7 days.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 04:56:29 PM »

OMG!!! It WASN'T t-bone that led me astray!!! But dartag!! Will things ever be the same again?!?

Darn typos and word-flipping!!

Sorry t-bone!

Yea it was me.     Remember I am Old.   Us Seniors do stuff like that. 

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 05:18:00 PM »

What?!? I don't remember...??

Heck! I'm even getting a few senior discounts these days too. And look how confused I got myself over Minn Kota trolling motors...?? Darn shame... but I am going fishing a few more times this week, so that should help.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 05:57:48 PM »

Have fun.  Keep posting photos so I remember what fish look like.     I hope to go fishing by the outing on May 5th. 

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »

I hope so too. I also hope to post some fish pictures tomorrow. Big ones might be a lot to ask for... but I'm going to try.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge