Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:26:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The South End is getting there

Started by GlennD, April 12, 2018, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennD

Got lucky and ran into some this week. Water temps still cold in the upper 30's some spots hitting 40.
2015 Ranger 620
Yamaha 250 & T9.9 Four Strokes
Lowrance Electronics
Minnkota Terrova 112

detroit1

Nice....that middle one is just gorgeous, what a paintjob!
WAVE THERAPY

Firefighter Jeff

Good to see these pics.  It has to be starting soon.  Hopefully with these more seasonal temps coming.  Ummm how deep and what did they fall for if I may ask.

djkimmel

I am just now starting to get some exciting reports from the big lake about smallmouth bass. One mentioned blade baits being the key at the moment which sounds about right. I won't be over there until May 5th. I hope the end of this week is the start, finally, of the warming trend EVERYONE has been waiting for!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on April 18, 2018, 10:41:47 PM
I am just now starting to get some exciting reports from the big lake about smallmouth bass. One mentioned blade baits being the key at the moment which sounds about right. I won't be over there until May 5th. I hope the end of this week is the start, finally, of the warming trend EVERYONE has been waiting for!!

Yeah blades would definitely be tied on a rod or two.  We head up Monday for a few days.  Have fingers crossed.

t-bone

Just got my tacklewarehouse shipment of silver buddy blades - going to put them to the test soon. Thanks for the pics and nice fish!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

GlennD

Guys our depths were anywhere from 15' to 25' we got a dozen that day with our biggest at 4.12#. Everything but one came on Big Dude blade baits 3/8 oz. (Custom Jig & Spins). Other one came on a Erie Darter. We've been back a few times since and it's been tough since the winds are not helping with the water temps but we're getting closer. Best color blade was gold tried silver but gold was the one. Let me know when St. Clair is cooperating enough for the drive can't wait to come back !
2015 Ranger 620
Lowrance Electronics
Minnkota Terrova 112

detroit1

WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

Lake St. Clair is starting to cooperate from what I'm hearing and seeing. Might be a few more days of unfriendly winds again this week though. Hopefully this next weekend brings a return of less wind.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

GlennD

Thank ya DJ for the heads up ! We're gonna chase some walleye this week and hopefully head your way next week !!
2015 Ranger 620
Lowrance Electronics
Minnkota Terrova 112

djkimmel

Don't wait too long! They are really whacking them this past week!!! Seen some amazing reports the past few days! Lots of BIG bass!