Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

KLBA first tournament

Started by McCarter, May 23, 2008, 01:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Heads up to anyone interested.  The Kent Lake Bass Anglers Tuesday Night Team Tournament starts up this Tuesday May 27th.

2 man team event.

3 Fish limit

$40 team includes $10 big bass.

5 pm - 9 pm

East boat ramp

100% payback.

If you want to fish but cant make it at 5, come on out and call us when you get there, we will meet you and get the money and check the well.

Brian McCarter and Kevin Barrows

248-379-4724

Langer

So who's coming tonight? I am going to try to make it.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

McCarter

We got 2 boats so far.  I know a couple other people were saying they were gonna come but i havent heard from them yet today.  Hopefully they will make it.

See you boys at 5:00!

McCarter himself :-\'

Langer

It was a good night of fishing. Started out slow but we finally found a spot where we quickly filled out our limit. All of our fish came on Nemisis Stick Baits.

1st place went to Jose and Anthony with 9.04lbs

2nd place was Brian and Kevin with 8.05lbs

3rd place was Chris and Brian with 7.21lbs

4th Place was Eric with 4.25lbs

Big thanks to Brian and Kevin for hosting this. Its a real good time!
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

dartag

how many boats showed up?.  i see even the " One Armed Guy " caught some fish..  had to save my money for Cass tonight. 

good job boys...

225XS4Garza200PXL

Thanks to Brian and Kev for putting this on, I can see this getting a big following like the Belleville TNT's...

I kinda decided to fish this as a spur of the moment type thing and I called my buddy Anthony to see if he wanted to fish it. He had never fished a tournament before and he did very well. He came through big time with the big smallie that we weighed in. He also caught another good smallie that we ended up culling.

Not having fished Kent since last year, we kinda went in blind and figured it would be a fun day at best. It didn't start off great though, we arrived 15 minutes late which I hate being late... then I didn't have any rods whatsoever rigged up. After digging through my tackle compartments I find out that I brought the wrong boxes!! So I didn't have any of the stuff I planned on fishing!! Well I had to make due with what I had...

I flipped a Zoom Speed Craw with a small 3/16 ounce weight and deadsticked a stickbait for a majority of the tournament. We fished inside weed edges around some rock and did a little fishing around some docks. I ended up catching our limit fairly quickly with a good solid largehead as our kicker but we had two runts. And I told Anthony that if we got two more good ones we'd have a shot.

Towards the end of the evening, we decided to gamble and idle a good ways to another part of the lake to fish some channel edges and a some points. I fished around with a Provider Tackle prototype finesse jig with a Speed Craw and an Exodus Baits football jig with a Paca Chunk as the trailer while my partner Anthony kept on deadsticking that stickbait. He started off with a nice smallie that culled out our smallest largemouth. We kept fishing around and talked to some gentleman on the bank and they said they had caught some good ones and on the next cast Anthony sets the hook again and he's got a GOOD fish on. With that fish we culled out one more and we're sitting good, but one of the smallies we have is SUPER skinny but really long.

We kept fishing and and we arrive to this area where I had caught some fish earlier this year while fishing from the bank, only time I fished the lake this year... a couple casts with the football jig and a couple swings and misses, but theres fish on this structure. Time is running out though and I say one last cast... and I drag my jig, get a solid thump and set the hook, but I miss the fish... last cast in there, thumps it... set the hook and its a good largehead. I thought I had a pig because I was using a big heavy Powell flippin stick and this thing was bent over pretty good. It ended up being a good solid fish, not the monster I envisioned, but it culled out our skinny smallie and we packed up and head in.

I had alot of fun and even though this was only a 4 boat turnout, this really gets my competitive juices flowing. It was all in good fun, especially with good friends, but it's still somewhat exhilarating to do well whether you're just competing with your buddy in the boat or you're competing in a 200 boat tournament. I hope this is a kickstart to what my seasons gonna be like. I have Burt/Mullet coming up and the other BFL's, and i've set some pretty lofty goals for myself so hopefully this is a sign of things to come...

I had alot of fun guys and I hope to make it out some more. Take care...

God bless,

Jose Garza

www.fishingwithgarza.com

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

McCarter

Thanks for posting the results and pics Langer!

Thanks to everyone who made it out last night.  I was getting a little nervous that we werent going to get at least 4 boats.  So far, we have never been below 4.  Last year it almost felt like a curse, but Kev and I were tickled to see 4 last night.  We should have more boat for the next tournament in 2 weeks.

COngrats to The Garz and Anthony.

See you guys on June 10th

McCarter himself :-\'

joshimoto son

Nice job Garza!
Congratulations...

I got to fish that lake one of these days.

joshimoto son ;D

fishon1219

congratulations Jose. For not being on the lake that often you sure made a good showing for yourself. That just proves the caliber of angler that you are.

For my team I wish I could have contributed a little more. It was very difficult and painful to sit and watch Brian fish so I had to try it and did manage to catch a couple, but it was very ackward with no arm strength to set the hook and I lost many more fish than I caught. Brian did carry the team. I start therapy on the 2nd so hopefully I will be able to pull my weight on the next event June 10th.

Good job again.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

dartag

all of us are glad you are in  " therapy ".  are they going to do anything with your shoulder while you are there??? :D :D

joshimoto son

Quote from: fishon1219 on May 29, 2008, 09:46:48 AM
I start therapy on the 2nd so hopefully I will be able to pull my weight on the next event June 10th.

Kev,

What type of shoulder injury do you have. I've been in PT for the last couple of months for my shoulder. I've been to three different places so far. The third one actually took the time to find out why my shoulder went, and is fixing that first. This will in turn allow my shoulder to heal without surgury... I hope.

If our shoulders are in about the same shape, I may be able to give you a heads up. That way you won't have to sort through some PT places that go about their business the wrong way.

Send me a PM with your number if you wanna chat about it.

joshimoto son ;D