Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:37:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

AllStar Anglers 1st Event May 31, 2008. Michigan Waters only of Lake Erie

Started by DOWD, May 08, 2008, 08:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOWD

The 1st AllStar Anglers event will be held May 31, 2008 at Lake Erie Metro Park. $150.00 includes big bass pot.

This event will be held on the Michigan waters of Lake Erie only (see attached map for area)
Also attached is the entry form, the 1st 2008 newsletter describing last years Championship and the re-cap of the season.

Payback on 25 boats 1) $1250 2) $600 3) $400.00 4) $300 5) $150.00; Big Bass $250 plus $100 sponsor bonus for $350.00 BB.

Skulley

I think Angelo is getting a little pricey on his tournament entry fees.  I don't know where any local tournament is worth $150.  I have known him for over 25 years and will tell him so when I see him next.  I know I won't be fishing them.

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

DOWD

There are some Lake Erie trails charging $200.00, so what are you talking about pricey?
Look at the pay out, 90 percent cash at the ramp, plus a $100.00 bonus on the big bass pot.

dartag

Here is what i figured my expense would be for a BFL.  and why i am not fishing them.  I adjusted for your entry fee.  seems other trails raised there entry fee this year also.  In your trail the first 3 make money 4th is even and the other 21 lose money.  The BFL payout is not much better,  just a larger field.  going to be tough times for tournament organizations.  Hope it works out for your group and all others.  getting so a fun day of fishing is going to cost 75-100 dollars.

Entry        150.00
Boat Gas    80.00   20 gallons + oil
Truck         30.00
Misc          20.00

Total        280.00

BigSmallie

Everyone feels your pain with the gas prices......but I have found myself doing the oposite of what you are doing this year, which is cutting out pricy tournaments.   

If I'm going to spend the gas money to drag my boat to a tournament......it darn well better pay out!!    So I'm targeting the higher priced entry tournaments this year for the better pay out.

Yeah I know........one still has to win to take advantage of the higher pay outs........but hey.....you have to win the small tournaments just to come close to breaking even.

Your expense numbers appear to be on the low side......which doesn't help matters either.     I was going through $70.00 a day in gas just pre-fishing for last year's BFL. :o      Hang in there........and hope like hell it gets better....real soon!!

This is how I am personally choosing my tournaments this year, due to the excessive gas prices.     

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

Skulley

Quote from: DOWD on May 12, 2008, 09:31:27 AM
There are some Lake Erie trails charging $200.00, so what are you talking about pricey?
Look at the pay out, 90 percent cash at the ramp, plus a $100.00 bonus on the big bass pot.

When trails charge member fees, the price seems to be lower except in the case of the BFL events.  All Star Anglers are not an accredited organization in my opinion.  So there is a 90% payback.  The first three places make money and the rest lose money.  So tell me where that becomes economical???   Now dartag has been generous in saying that gas for the truck is only $30.  Misc. is only $20.  Let's be more realistic here.

Tournament fee  $150
Boat Gas and Oil  $125  let's face it no one fishes close to the launch until fall.  This number will be going up.......not down.
Truck Gas          $60  This too will be going up.........not down.
Misc.                 $20

Grand Total        $355 is way more realistic and will be increasing as gas prices do.  I would feel I was getting off cheap for $280.  By the time the later part of the season rolls around gas will be close to $5.00 and your truck and boat gas will be more like $150 and $70 respectively.

Besides there are anglers that would not fish that trail for reasons I will not bring up here.  Obviously DOWD doesn't know the Tournament Director like I do and many others that have been associated with him in the past.  Active Anglers is a better deal except for some of the new rules they are instituting.  I don't know about those Erie Tournaments this year anyway.  You won't see me participating in any of them.  If you see me at Erie it is for fun or with my club.

The best deal around is "KEEPING MY HARD EARNED MONEY IN MY POCKET!!!!"   Prices are not going to go down.  They are going up because no one has stopped paying the current price.  The prices will go up until people as a whole are willing to say "enough is enough".

What gets me is that people will pay $100 for an inland lake tournament.  I just can't fathom that.  Then $150 to $200 for the big water.  VERY PRICEY!!!! :o

BD            :-\'
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

my math works for me.  got a new truck that gets 15 mpg,  my merc 150 gets 4 mpg.  i drive slow.  i eat PBJ and no starbucks in the morning. 
good luck all who are fishing this summer.  good thing is it is only 5 days until the opener.  see ya on the water.  i will be on Cass lake and Kent lake and will only burn 2 gallons of gas all day. 8) 8)