Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:33:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DUKE'S kids tourney..

Started by canvsbk, May 18, 2008, 12:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canvsbk

Kudos to DUKE!! He put together a kids tourney this past Saturday for about 2 dozen Jr High kids. (There were guys there as boaters that I'ld of never guessed would have participated...but there they were!)
There weren't alot of keepers caught but every boat caught 15 - 20 shorts. The kids got to go fast, got free tackle packs aranged by DUKE, nobody fell in that I know of and a great time was had by all.

Nice job. :)
Look past what they want you to see.

TritonTR20

I had a good time, should have seen the look on my kids face the first trip across the water. He said the fastest he had been in a boat was about 30mph. I asked him if he minded going a little faster, he said no problem, so I crused it up to about 72. He was hooked. I took the principal out for some picture taking with about 15 min left. She got some greast shots. I think if the wind had been a little calmer they would have done even better. I let the kid I had keep the rod and reel he used at the end of the day. 

Duke

Mark & Bob, I truly appreciate your willingness to come and help out. You and all the anglers did a fantastic job representing yourselves, sponsors, and promoting the sport. The buzz from the kids is still alive and well today. I have had so many compliments given to me about everyone that helped that it would be impossible to tell them all.

This was one of the most rewarding things I've ever been a part of in fishing. I think only winning a tournament is as rewarding. The list of anglers who participated includes many of the area's toughest competition. And each one of these guys wanted to help out - even at gas nearly $4!! So a big thank you to each of these guys:

Jack Schulk
Bob Allen
Dave Quiggle
Ken Gull
Kevin Rybicki
Ron Fabiszak
Jerry Roher
Mark Regina
Larry Regina
Jamie Lovely
Mickey Thomas
Kevin Fletcher
Mark Nelson
Dave Steed
Larry Thomas
Ken Rybicki
Robbie Roe
Shawn James

I'd really like to post some pictures, but each time I try it tells me the file is too big, so here's a link to some photos and story for all to enjoy. It was truly an awesome experience!!  http://fishtalkfishingreports.yuku.com/topic/2247?page=2
Duke

djkimmel

Duke, I never publicly added my thanks for making a difference! These are the things that make a real difference to all of us [u[for now and for the future[/u]!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I'm very glad and fortunate to have you here as a member.

Anytime you have something like this you need help with such a good cause for pictures, contact me and we'll get it taken care of. As I mentioned some time ago, I want to make sure everyone gets exposed to wonderful ideas like this!

And thanks so much to all of the volunteers who took time out of their lives to also make a difference. Minimal effort can still lead to maximum good.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Duke

Thank you Dan!!

I'm a proud member of this board. We'll be doing it again this upcoming May. What we can always use is free tackle. I like to get the kids a free tackle pack in the am to learn how to use on the water. Overall, I was disappointed with who would not give to this cause.
Duke

djkimmel

Budgets are only getting tighter. I can probably help get some tackle. Let's collaborate a month or two before the event. Maybe I'll be in the position to help some next year too if I quit spending more than I take in ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.