Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:31:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saginaw Bay.....May 24th.........How Many Boats We Got??

Started by BigSmallie, May 15, 2008, 08:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSmallie

It's getting close!  ;D

How many boats  do we have for the opener on Saginaw Bay??

Just curious.........

BS  ;)
"I don't care how you did the other day......bring em' to the scales"

Lightningboy

I'm there.  That makes two.

Hope that don't scare anybody away... ;)

joshimoto son

Just made the resevations at the hotel, and the check should be in the mail today!

joshimoto son ;D

SODY

I'm there, heading over Saturday to pe-fish if the weather holds. I know Eric is planning to come so that makes five that we know of, I have an e-mail into John and Eric but have not heard an up to date count....Rich

MBell

MBell

Anyone heard anything?  I'll put a call into John sometime this week to make sure he got my entry.
-Matt

bigjc

Hey Gentlemen,

Sorry I have not been on the board in a while (way too busy with work, school and the fam) anyway, we are up to about a dozen teams currently registered, with another six or eight teams verbally committed.  I am sticking to my original guestimate of 20 - 25 teams (depending on how many locals we pull in at the Friday night meeting.  Let's talk it up and see if we can hit 30 for all of you Triton, Skeeter, and all of the other Gold programs that kick in money.

If you are staying at the Harbor Inn make sure to tell them you are with FOM, they have lowered the price for us to $69 bucks.

SEE YOU GUYS FRIDAY NIGHT  ;D

JC

BigSmallie

SODY

I can't wait, I was on the bay Sunday and nailed my best walleye ever 26" five lbs. Now if those beds can be seen Saturday we will be all set.

bigjc

Hey Guys,

I recieved another entry, and I am getting 3 and 4 calls a day of teams saying we will pay late at the meeting.  Looks like it could be a good turnout, inspite of furel prices.

JC

MBell

Great!  Looks like everything is falling into place as far as the weather.  Small craft advisorys all week, friday will be the first day you could really get out there anyway.  SODY, how was the water clarity on Sunday?  When I was out friday you could only see good to about 5-6 ft.  With this west/nw wind it could really detroy the clear water at charity.

-Matt

BigSmallie

Quote from: SODY on May 20, 2008, 10:15:13 PM
I can't wait, I was on the bay Sunday and nailed my best walleye ever 26" five lbs. Now if those beds can be seen Saturday we will be all set.

Beds?.....what beds?     :D

BS  ;)

MBell

Congrats to the guys who won it. 22.86lbs with a 5.73lb smallie, thats a monster bag!  We only ended up with 19lbs but did have 5.61lb smallie.  The fishing just got better on Sunday, wind didn't let me out the islands on monday.  The Dakota Sports Open this weekend should be a blast.  Charity hasn't had the real big wave move up on beds yet, should be soon.
-Matt

BigSmallie

Yes........good job to the winners.   I never did hear who placed.

We'll be back again this weekend too.............

BS  ;)

Dan

My buddy Don and his friend won the tournament. Don said that he has had some good days, but he will remember Saturday as one of the better numbers and big fish days ever. He said they hammered four pounders all day.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

SODY

We truly had a great time, Julie caught her personel best, 5.48lbs and I nailed a 5.05. Good enough for 7th place at 19.87lbs and puts us in fifth place in the overall standings. We ran into some monster wind on my spot or we may have done better. What a fishery, I will be curious to see how the tournament went Saturday the 31st??