Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

There are some things I wish people wouldn't share...

Started by djkimmel, March 08, 2018, 12:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Apparently, I did not keep to my usual good show habits to avoid having something shared with me... Someone gave me something during the Outdoorama that I didn't want. Ended up with a headache, fever, nose running worse than normal and now my usual cough and sore throat.

I missed a Michigan Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus breakfast meeting this morning. Didn't think anyone would appreciate me coughing on them...

I'm somewhat surprised as I've been doing a pretty good job the past few years in avoiding any show plagues! I also thought the Outdoorama show was pretty different in that I saw almost no evidence of persons walking around who were visibly ill (and probably shouldn't be there)?? Funny thing is I saw my regular doctor Tuesday morning and just had a runny nose (more than normal as I apparently have also developed allergies the last 12 months...??), was more tired than normal and slight fever. It wasn't until a couple hours after I left the doctor that it really hit me! Tuesday night and Wednesday sucked to put it frankly...

Seems to be fading away already, which is good considering the Ultimate Sport Show and the Bassmaster Classic are both next week and I have to be at both of them (not the same exact days of course, as I haven't figured out yet how to do that!). Been mostly sitting in my chair or sleeping the past 3 and a 1/2 days.

Hope no one else caught anything. I'd been hearing all winter about various illnesses going around but avoided catching any of them, thank goodness. Heck, we may be all fishing pretty soon, and who wants to be sick when it is time to start doing that?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

dartag

It's this state.   9 weeks in Florida and not a sniffle.  Come home and had Sinus Plugged up for a couple days.   Bones ache and It's cold outside.

I miss wading in 74 degree water surf fishing.   Oh well only about 3 months until it warms up.

Pure Michgian. 

djkimmel

Well... like I said - our winter (at least for me) makes us appreciate the spring so much more than people who hardly notice a change...

And no, I'm not coming to the swap meet now. Spent the earlier part of the week in bed and started this morning with a nice 30 minute headache-causing coughing fit. I don't think people want me to share that?!? I need to fully recover as fast as possible for the Ultimate Sport Show in Grand Rapids and the Bassmaster Classic in South Carolina next week (still haven't figured out how to be in both places Friday-Sunday??). I'm thinking the people on the plane will not write me down as a favorite if I'm hacking my lungs up on the plane... ::)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.