Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Anyone been to Hardy lately?

Started by STEELERBOY29, May 12, 2008, 07:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEELERBOY29

Anyone been to Hardy lately?  I'm going up there next week for a few days for my annual spring pilgrimage.  Just curious how the fishing has been, what the water temps are, and what stage the bass are in.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

spinninbug

We were there this weekend and will be back there this coming weekend for our CNR tournament.

The fish are just starting to bed,  we didn't find any smallie beds in the coves which seemed kind of wierd to us.  Alot of large mouth bedding in the coves.

Smallies are really just starting,  when we were there last weekend,  there were a couple beds,  the difference of a week was not surprising.  We did fairly well,  next weekend should be primetime!!  We saw alot of fish that weren't locked on yet, but there were a few that were.

We had a great time and there were alot of boats there too.

So if your there this coming weekend look me up we will be there friday night until Sunday afternoon. 
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

STEELERBOY29

I'm actually going to be up there from the 20th-23rd.  I'm going to be really curious to see how you guys do this coming weekend.  Sounds like it's heating up.  Save some toads for me!

spinninbug

We will save some for you. 

I just hope it's as good as we are thinking it's going to be and I'm really excited!

Of course just camping and hangin with friends will be just as much fun as the fishing I'm sure.
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

STEELERBOY29

Yeah, I'm all about the time spent off the water as well as on it.  I'm going up there with my best friend from college.  We get together for this trip once a year and start looking forward to it about a 11 months in advance.  There's nothing better than catching toads with your buddy during the day and fine bourbon and cigars at night.  Let me know how you guys do in the tournament.

spinninbug

Sounds like you guys are making some great memories.

I will let you know how we do.  Hopefully it will be good and be the same for you when you get there.  I know we sure have high hopes... :D
Wendy

fishinsmallies

I was thinking about bringing Brandon up on the 17th. We had a blast last year. With the weather report we might hit St. Clair instead. I'll have to check later in the week. With gas prices jumping to 3.99/gallon today, St. Clair is looking better with it being about 65 miles closer. If I don't make it I wish both Terry and Wendy good luck in you cnr tournament.

Russ

spinninbug

Well if you change your mind and decide to come up we will be there friday night through sunday,  look us up we will be staying in one of the cabins,  we have a regular cab GMC and a 21' champion.

Thanks also for the good luck wishes we will probably need it!!

Wendy

macbass

what time is hte tournament taking of saturday I plan on being there just dont want to be in the way

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

spinninbug

Tournament is on Sunday and you wouldn't be in the way,  we are a very small club,  I think we are going to only have 6 boats,  so if anyone wants to join the fun you would be more than welcome.  We launch at 6:30 and weigh in is at 2:30.  You have to have a partner though you can't fish by your self.  Membership fees are $25 and tournament fees are $50 per boat.  Must have a golden rule and we have the weigh charts to go by.

We are small,  but we make up for it in personality.  We are more about the fishing and friends concept.  None of us are in it to make big bucks just some friendly competion and fellowship.  We share tips and honey holes too.  :)

So if anyone is interested we would welcome you.
Wendy

STEELERBOY29

Hey spinninbug, how was your tournament?  I'm heading up there tomorrow for a couple of days.  Weather looks like it's going to be stable, although a little cooler than I was hoping for.  Atleast it's supposed to be dry.

spinninbug

Sorry I missed your post yesterday,  well the weather wasn't the greatest,  the wind was horrible.  We did manage to get over 16 pounds,  with two 3.87 for our biggest ones.  We ended up going up the river just past the first bridge and then we started having some fun.

Tournament didn't turn out so good,  not many teams but we had a great time.
Wendy

fishinsmallies

Nice job spinninbug. Brandon and I headed to St. Clair. The fish were on. We boated 80+, we were trying to keep count but lost track. Looks like much better fishing weather this coming holiday weekend. I might have to get back on the water. ;D

spinninbug

Sounds like you had a great time too,  even though we didn't catch that many fish it was still a great time.  And Thanks,  last year it took almost 20 pounds to win but the weather was alot better last year.

This weekend I'm hoping to get out on Hamlin,  hubby has been working so many hours that we haven't even thought about getting out there yet.  So I'm hoping we will find some time this weekend.
Wendy