Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:42:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Bass Boss

Started by Dan, April 15, 2008, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

Well it really looks like the plan is coming together. We will be heading down a week from tomorrow to fish at Ray Scott's. Ray lives outside of Montgomery, AL. We'll be arriving on Thursday afternoon, spending the night and then having our fish off starting at about 7:30-8:00 am on Friday. We're then going to head back home on Saturday, after touring Ray's Whitetail Institute.
One of GLB's sponsors, Case Plastic, is sending down some baits that we will be putting in a gift box for Ray. Thanks again Tom. We have several other folks who are sending some product along as well. I'll be putting up pictures and a day by day blog entry on my teardropbass.com website. Starting to really get exciting.
After watching the Flamich Cup maybe we'll have to call this one the "Alamich Cup." I know I'll be saying remember the Alamich for a long time.
Here's a couple of shots of the four competitors, competing in the Alamich Cup.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

dmills4124

Do you use a caddy on your boat? I'll tell you what. I'll be your personal pole and net caddy.
Yes that's right. Be the first in your neighborhood to have your own personal private pole caddy. Be the envy of all your competitors. Yes you can. Just call me at BR549.

LOL
don m

ps I don't eat much

Dan

Less than a week away right now. We're heading down either Tuesday or Wednesday early. Should be a blast. Fishing should be great and as a bonus we get a personal tour of Ray's Whitetail Institute. Ray's sons Steve and Wilson run it now and it has done some extensive testing and development of high protein food plot seed. Ray's a big fisherman, but loves hunting whitetails probably just as much. Check the Institute out online. They will send you quite a few different samples and as video just for the cost of shipping which is $8.95.
Did you know that Ray played football at age 13 on a youth team and was their quarterback. One of his lineman on that team was a kid named Bart Star! Can't wait to hear more about that.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Durand Dan

Do you suppose he got any sleep last night? ;D

Dan

We're heading out tomorrow at 7:00 am. Will stop in northern Alabama and then we will head to Montgomery Thursday morning. Weather looks like it should be great. Maybe those big fish will be bedding :o

TCook

Dan, sounds like the trip of a lifetime. Enjoy and take alot of pics, i cant wait to hear about it when you get back.

T
FISH HARD!!!

Dan

Hey,
We're in northern Alabama and will be leaving tomorrow around nine am to head toward Montgomery. We plan to arrive at Mr. Scott's at around 1:30. The schedule has us out to dinner with Ray tomorrow. We'll be on the water Friday at 7:30 to fish against Ray and Don Corkran. Ray has to leave Friday afternoon, so Friday we're going out for eats with Don C. We went out for some good southern barbecue at Lawler's in Athens, AL and then hit West End. Check out the blog on my teardropbass.com website fro a picture of one of the aisles. West End is a gas station/baitshop that would rival some pretty big outfits. They have more Lucky Craft lures that any where I've ever seen. I always see baits there that I have never seen before. If you ever travel down I65 South make sure you get off at the second Athens exit which is Highway 72 and it's about 4 or 5 miles West. Lawler's Barbecue is right off the eway a stones through east. You won't regret the stop.

Dan

We just arrived back at my in-laws and it's pretty late.  I'm dead tired. I caught at least 60 largemouth today, but I really wouldn't have minded not fishing at all! We had the best time sitting and talking with one of the all time greats, Ray Scott. He gave us a personal tour of the estate and nearby Pintlala.  We ate a tremendous dinner that his son prepared for us. Afterwards, we sat in his living room as he told story after story. We talked late into the night.
Today we fished two of his lakes, and had an absolute ball. We took a break at noon and went in to one of his favorite restaurants where again he and Don Corkran tore us up. I haven't laughed as hard in a long time. The food there was excellant as well. Shared a piece of the best chocolate pie I've ever had with Ray. What a great guy!! He treated us like the sitting presidents that he has had there before us. In fact, we slept in the same beds they did! Ray and his family and entire staff were genuine, and the epitome of Southern hospitality. I can't say enough about the man, but I am going to try and do justice and pay homage to him in an article on my blog as soon as I get home. I'm on my sister-in-laws computer tonight and can't transfer pictures. Those will be coming soon. Just had to give a shout out here and say what a wonderful time Don and I had. Truely the trip of a lifetime!

blakstr1

Good things happen to good people.  ;) Congratulations to Don and you; you both are "class acts" and officially first rate MICHIGAN BASS AMBASSADORS!  Drive safe.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

A couple of pictures.