email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.88 a gallon  (Read 7464 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: 3.88 a gallon
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2008, 10:17:02 PM »

Bollocks to cars.  But the more i think about it, the better a horse is sounding.  Why couldnt i just ride a horse to work and Bass Pro Shops?  I will start pricing them out.  If anyone else is interested, let me know. Maybe we can get some kind of horse package deal. 

Dan, I will need a new GLBass.com decal for my horse.

Is it bollocks or bollox? I've never been sure...

I have also seen a nice farmer launch a boat in the past with a horse, but I did not ask him how cost-effective the horse was. I wonder how easy it is to get an emergency shoe repair??

As far as the decal... horseys do sweat so it will probably have to be a tattoo.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Bender

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »

My buddy was complaining today about the price of hay to feed all of his wife's horses, so I guess you can't win.
Diesel is $4.09 at Kroger's in Owosso this evening.

thedude

• Count Redbeard
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Curmudgeon at Large
  • View Gallery
    • West Michigan Bass
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

My buddy was complaining today about the price of hay to feed all of his wife's horses, so I guess you can't win.
Diesel is $4.09 at Kroger's in Owosso this evening.
nice. it was 4.60 in NW indiana yesterday according to my moms.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

bosshawg

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 07:40:50 PM »

sticking to only club events, NBAA Tuesdays and a couple 1on1's this year as I have in the past few. money was tight the last few years due to alimony payments. Now I got outrageous gas prices to deal w/.  will it ever end.. :o
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 03:08:20 AM »

Yes...

probably...

maybe...

hopefully... I know, let's invent something that solves our gas problems?? A hydrogen fueled truck and bass boat maybe...??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

daylite

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 08:30:14 AM »

I say we remove our gas tanks to make room for more batteries.  Then remove the outboard and line up the transom with like 10 or so trolling motors until motorguide or minn kota comes out with an electric outboard.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 12:29:39 PM »

3.99 a gallon in Milford.  you can get it for 3.83 cash price at Mobil.  guess they wanted to get an early start to the holiday weekend.  my new truck gets 16 mpg so that is 25 cents a mile :'( :'( :'(

can afford to use the outboard,  might as well get rid of it.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 12:46:38 PM by dartag »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge