Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:50:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Could use a little prayer.

Started by Revtro, May 04, 2008, 03:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Hey all,
I can't get into the details at the moment, but I'm on the verge of a huge decision regarding our church and I need God's wisdom and favor.  If you could shoot a quick prayer up for The Urban Church, that would be awesome.  As I am able, I'll post details.  Thanks all!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

1javelin

Hope whatever it is works out, good one way or another.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

fiker

I pray that God grants you the wisdom to make the right choices.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

SClapper

I will pray God will guide you and show you the way!   Steve Clapper

Revtro

Okey doke...first thanks for the prayers.  Things are going ok so far.  This Sunday we'll be announcing to our church that for the first time in 11 years, we may finally be able to get our own building!  But we still need lots of prayers because the city doesn't want us there.  But with God's help, we can overcome this hurdle.  We only want to serve the city and make a difference in people's lives.  Thanks again for praying.  Things are dicey at the moment, so all you prayer warriors out there, we appreciate you standing in the gap for us. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

What is wrong with that city? But lets not go there I guess? Instead I'm hoping things work out the way you want them to and the way they're meant to.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Not to sound negative or cynical...but it boils down to tax revenue.  501(3)C's are exempt from paying property taxes.  So when a church buys property it means a loss of taxes to the city.  But what the city gets out of a church that really serves people is of much greater value.  But they just don't see it that way.  Sadly, money is the big motivator in our society anymore.   :(  But to get positive again, with God all things are possible.  We've already had a couple of positive indicators that this may work out fine.   :)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

MadWags

May the Urban Church receive it's home and may the Rev carry the Lord's Staff before Caesars Council.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Revtro

Update

Monday I met with the city.  Things went well.  Now things are in the hands of planning officials and we're awaiting final word.  So far things look pretty good.  Thanks for all the prayers.  Hopefully in the next day or so I will have good news to report to you all.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dashaver63

Wolf_fisherman

Not a religious man rev but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your church and may you be able to help those that need it.
Carpe Diem

bigjc

Hey Tom,

I am joining you in prayer brother.  When God has a plan, men cannot screw it up.  My church ( Metrosouthchurch.com ) is living proof.  We were no where near ready financially for our own building, but God opened all of the right doors, and the city of Trenton had several opportunities to shut us down, but God's will prevailed, and we have been in our building (at the corner of Fort St. and Van Horn; about a mile from Elizabeth Park Ramp) for about a year and a half now.

The city of Northville didn't want Northridge to bring their 1000 members to thier town, now Pastor Brad Powel brings the message of Jesus Christ to over 10,000, and still in Northville.

JC

Revtro

Update:
God is good!  Friday our attorney called me and told me we could go ahead with our plans because the city ok'd our request!  God willing, we will have our first Sunday service in our new location the first Sunday in August!!!  I'm still in a state of shock and disbelief.  It is surreal that after all these years, we're finally going to be moving into our own space.  Thank you all for you prayers and support. 

Please also pray that God will help us make a smooth transition and that our folks will stay on board and help us make all the needed renovations.  We have lots to do, very little money, and a short time to do it.  But I couldn't be more thankful and excited than I am at this moment.  God is truly good!!!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

I love it when dreams come true.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Wolf_fisherman

Carpe Diem