Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where you at?

Started by Savage, February 19, 2006, 11:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What region of Michigan (or elsewhere) are you from?

North of M-55, East of I-75 (Alpena Area)
2 (2.7%)
North of M-55, West of I-75 (Traverse City Area)
2 (2.7%)
Between M-55 & I-69, East of 127 (Saginaw Area)
14 (18.7%)
Between M-55 & I-96, West of 127 (Muskegon Area)
11 (14.7%)
South of I-69, East of I-69 (Detroit Area)
30 (40%)
South of I-96, West of I-69 (Kalamazoo Area)
5 (6.7%)
Upper Penninsula
1 (1.3%)
Canada
0 (0%)
Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois
5 (6.7%)
Other
5 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

SethV

Hey!  My new claim to fame!  I live in the same town as PoorBoy! 

Seth V

Ryan

I live in Mason, "the land of no lakes."

Andy

Zeeland ( Lake Michigan Side ) 10mins East of Holland 20mins west of Grand Rapids  ;D

djkimmel

Yeah Ryan - I always refer to my home base Lansing as the 'desert of Michigan.' But at least we are half way to everywhere.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dan

Andy and I are west siders. I live in Hudsonville which is a couple of muck fields from Zeeland and is the celery capital. Great high school football teams and Kgr can atest to some very good high school baseball teams as well.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

blakstr1

I live in a dry county....by dry I mean Saginaw County doesn't have any lakes in it.  I believe the only county like it in Michigan..sure we have the River but no lakes.

Growing up in Northern Michigan, I couldn't believe that Michigan had an area as flat as the Saginaw area either..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on April 28, 2006, 07:17:53 AM
Andy and I are west siders. I live in Hudsonville which is a couple of muck fields from Zeeland and is the celery capital. Great high school football teams and Kgr can atest to some very good high school baseball teams as well.

Hey Dan - do you guys have a 'celery' queen? If so, I'd like to see pictures...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

I went to the Omer Sucker Festival one time...and THEY have a Sucker Queen!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

What can you say to THAT?!? (No, don't get started...;D)

LAPORTE

Belleville, home of the greatest lake in Wayne county Belleville lake  ;D.... maybe the only lake in Wayne county...lol 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Durand Dan

Hard to believe, but I live in Durand (between Flint AND Lansing). The only water in Shiawassee is the river, but it's loaded with smallies. Oh, an by the way I used to work with a woman that was one of Omer's Sucker queens  ;D

djkimmel

I can honestly say I've never met an Omer Sucker Queen!?! ;D

springlakebassman

As the name says I am a sunset side resident. The little village of Spring Lake.

FOB

Pinckney, on the Portage Chain. 
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Waterfoul

Live in Wyoming... but I've been known to fish just about anywhere they are biting!!  St. Clair?  Yup.  Maumee river?  Yup.  Glen Lake?  Yup.  Mid Michigan?  Yup.  Southern Michigan?  Yup.  I love to fish... anywhere!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Thanks for being members guys and gals.

How's that Maumee River for fishing? I would imagine there's a few snags...?

Dan

Hey Waterfoul,
I lived in Wyoming for years, that is if you're talking Wyoming, MI. My mom, sisters, brother, still live in Wyoming. I'm in Hudsonville.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Quote from: djkimmel on November 11, 2007, 09:21:24 PM
I can honestly say I've never met an Omer Sucker Queen!?! ;D

You can tell winter is here.. ;D

I live in Almont now, but I am originally from Eaton Rapids.  From one small town to another...I am not cut out for the big cities. 

djkimmel

I did date a Miss Curwood (Castle) twice back in the last century...

Can't believe you left the ONLY Eaton Rapids on the face of the Earth.