Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:14:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Michigan Bass Nation Senior Series ???

Started by dartag, January 01, 2018, 02:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

I see some events listed on the DNR site.  Anyone know anything about these.   Nothing on the MBN site.  Looks fun except they are on Tuesday mornings when we have our CFB Series.

djkimmel

A brand new circuit. Just announced at the recent December Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation presidents' meeting. They weren't even approved until the board meeting that morning.

Open to anglers 55 years old or more ancient... ;D I believe that you have to be a Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation member also though to fish them. I will have to check the flyer to be sure...??

It is a completely separate circuit that only 'advances' to its own championship event at the end of the season also here in Michigan. Not related to any further advancement like all of the other MBN circuits. The guys and gals are all getting 'more mature' so I think they thought this would be something additionally fun for each other.

As far as the existing Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation website, it probably won't get updated a lot more at the moment because they announced at the December meeting that they have decided to go with a new website by a new developer (me ;D ). The new website (same domain name will be used) is slated to go live at the opening of the January 14 Ultimate Fishing Show (so that has been keeping me preoccupied lately...).

The bulk of the design is done. I'm just adding the more recent existing content and new content (like the new Seniors circuit). The new website is not available publicly yet. The Board of Directors have to approve everything first before it can be made public.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

I really like the concept for us Old People.  Just wish they were not on a Tuesday when our series runs.   Oh well. 

mikesmiph

dartag

Going to be some interesting announcements at the Novi Show.    I will be watching from Florida to hear what's happening. 

dartag

Found this.    Looks like I am out since it's Tuesdays during the day.   Hope it works out for them. 

http://michiganbass.net/Senior%20Series%20Registration.html

Hollada

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

mikesmiph

Darn, too late for me. I'm still working.

Team houston

motocross269

Quote from: Hollada on January 02, 2018, 12:08:04 AM
I like that schedule.
Me too.....I have 2 more years before I could fish it..

dartag

Just wish it wasn't Tuesdays.   Wonder why they picked that day.

djkimmel

Actually... I do not know why they picked Tuesdays?? Larry Gargus and Paul Wagner are also the tournament directors for this new series. If I remember right, it was their brainchild... I know it was Paul Wagner, and I think it was Larry also...?

Anyway, I got the word that the new Michigan B.A.S.S. Nation website will go live Saturday night in time for the Sunday 'everyone is welcome' members meeting at the Ultimate Fishing Show so it will be a topic at that meeting. The members meeting is 2pm - 4pm in Seminar Stage (room) C.

The website will still be www.michiganbass.nation.com but it will look a lot different and it will also be fully responsive among other things. It won't have all the history on it yet but most of the recent and new stuff.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: dartag on January 05, 2018, 02:37:29 PM
Just wish it wasn't Tuesdays.   Wonder why they picked that day.

senior day at ihop?

djkimmel

I asked Larry Gargus why they picked Tuesday. He told me they had to pick a day and that is the one someone suggested first, or something like that. They already have a number of signups for it.