email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone using Bass Mafia Products????  (Read 376 times)

bigjc

Anyone using Bass Mafia Products????
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »

Over the past few months, including a sweet Christmas gift from my wife, I have been collecting Bass Mafia Coffins.  While I think that they are ridiculously priced, they are SWEET:

detroit1

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
Re: Anyone using Bass Mafia Products????
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 05:27:30 PM »

No, I will not be using them. They look to be very well made, but I can't justify the pricing. $40 for a 3700? $60 for a terminal box...I mean come on . That's gettin' pretty close to more money than sense if you ask me, but of course no one is asking. It may be just what people are looking for, and it's great to have options, and I hopethey sell a bunch of them. Coll name / logo though...
WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 03:32:32 PM »

Someone gave me a box of theirs that is very thick, hard and tough that I decided would be good for various jigheads and related heavy items with sharp hooks. Waterproof, or at least resistant also, so it has worked well so far. The box weighs a ton with all the lead in it and holds up pretty good despite this.

I had a bad time for years fishing all those tournaments on the Great Lakes and big waters, especially with boxes holding up and not getting wet rusting all my hooks! I guess if you find a specific need that the product meets it might be worth it then.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

WishingIwasfishing

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 09:49:24 PM »

I went last week and picked one up from Dicks. I have never ordered custom bait before, but I just got a bunch of them made up(jerk baits and crank baits) they weren't cheap so I figured I would protect them the best I could. I know they probably won't catch any more fish for me but they sure are pretty LOL. Time will tell I guess. I will also get one terminal box as they look awful sturdy and well set up(for organizing weights and keeping them separate), not mention the water proof part.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 10:22:33 PM »

If you believe a lure will catch fish better for you... it probably will. Says Confucius (I think he said that??)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

bigjc

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 10:10:30 AM »

No, I will not be using them. They look to be very well made, but I can't justify the pricing. $40 for a 3700? $60 for a terminal box...I mean come on . That's gettin' pretty close to more money than sense if you ask me, but of course no one is asking. It may be just what people are looking for, and it's great to have options, and I hopethey sell a bunch of them. Coll name / logo though...

After using them now for the better part of the 2018 season, I am super impressed with how well they hold up to a Great Lakes beating!  I am also bothered by the price, but I fish out of a smaller 16 and a half foot aluminum rig, and space is at a premium in my storage boxes.  Anything that helps me organize and saves space is worth a bit more to me.

bigjc

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

Someone gave me a box of theirs that is very thick, hard and tough that I decided would be good for various jigheads and related heavy items with sharp hooks. Waterproof, or at least resistant also, so it has worked well so far. The box weighs a ton with all the lead in it and holds up pretty good despite this.

I had a bad time for years fishing all those tournaments on the Great Lakes and big waters, especially with boxes holding up and not getting wet rusting all my hooks! I guess if you find a specific need that the product meets it might be worth it then.

I am super impressed with them so far Dan!  Only time will tell if they are worth the big investment...

detroit1

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:16 AM »

I'm glad that they are working for you. It's rare (these days), that product lives up to as advertised....I won't be buying but wouldn't mind as a gift.
WAVE THERAPY

t-bone

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • 2013 Ranger z520c & 2014 Ford F-150
  • View Gallery
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 02:07:33 PM »

I bought the terminal box and the crankbait coffin.
They are expensive but good products. My only complaint is with the coffin, after a rough ride on st. clair, I opened the box and was surprised to find a bit of a mess. So you can't really turn the box over or go bouncing around or they may come out of there slots.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 08:47:33 PM »

I'm not sure many companies have figured out yet how to tame the Great Lakes. Helps ourselves too though if we try to not outrun what the lakes are giving us. Trying to do that can get expensive fast.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Help Keep GLBass.com Growing
Visit the GLBass Stores

Buy GLBass.com Apparel

Buy Almost Anything from
the GLB Amazon.com Store

Online Shopping Links Available Here. Some Internet only specials!

GreatLakesBass.com Marine
Weather Portal Page

Check out Dan's Sponsors
Ranger Boats
Yamaha Outboards
Combat Fishing
Xtreme Bass Tackle
D & R Sports Center
Flint Sign & Design
Deka Battery

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | GreatLakesBass.com Apparel | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge