Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:03:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Thin skin - not a good thing.

Started by Revtro, April 21, 2008, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Just another random observation.  The other day, I realized that a lot of people I know seem to get bent out of shape fairly easily these days.  I wonder why that is?  Maybe we're just too much of an "It's all about me" culture anymore.  Not sure.  I figure, there's probably a lot of things that occur that we could just let "roll off", but for whatever reason we choose to let bother us.  I

I have been reading lately about a guy who moved to Calcutta, India to help the poor and dying there alongside of Mother Theresa.  It puts things in perspective to read this kind of stuff and helps with that "it's all about me" mentality that causes us so many problems in life.  I find that I'm a happier person, when I'm focused on others rather than myself.  How about ya'll? 

Just more random thought from the endless amount of disorganized stuff rattling around in my head.  ;D

Maybe if some other guys post some thoughts, I won't have to post my weird musings all the time.  ha ha

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

cr

In my personal experiance I was under a lot of stress from work and didn't realize it until I retired . I thought I liked my job even though it was hectic and disorganized , but I tended to fly off the handle at every little thing , at work and at home . Now I'm mucho mo bettero at dealing with the dumb stuff . Maybe people in general are getting stressed with the economy , price of gas , loss of jobs , ETC. ETC ...

Revtro

Good point.  I was watching the news this morning and they're talking about gas prices going way up.  I guess that'll stress most people.  I was starting to feel a little stress, just watching the story, then I had to tell myself to chill because I can't change it, just do my best.  Yes, stress really is a culprit, good observation.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

stackenem

As a recovering drunkard (25years sober) I learned in rehab that stress is the # 1 cause of most drinking and martial problems. So for the last 25 years I have learned to just let thing roll off me like water off a ducks back. I DO NOT let things get to me I take one day at a time and deal with it as it comes along. If there is something I can do about it I do it If not I do not let it worry me. It will work itself out somehow. it always does. Looking at a lot of my friends that are alot younger than myself (56 years young) I see that the stress in their lives is taking a toll on them. I try to tell them this but they won't listen. But if you will just take things as they come one day at a time things have a way of working out in the end. There is a big game plan for everyone of us and really we have no say in it if you know what I mean.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

I think if I was a super hero... I'd either be Consequences Man, or The Worrier... working on it... working on it. I was talking to the legend Bob Brunner the other just about fishing. I said, "you know... another 20 or 30 years, I think I'll have this fishing thing down." I hope it doesn't take that long to get some other things down. But yeh, lower gas prices wouldn't hurt :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

EKennedy

I'm a teacher...high school.  This time of year EVERYBODY is stressed about something.  Parents, kids, admin, teachers, I mean EVERYBODY! 
Fishing is my therapy, my "happy place".  It is here that I hear the zing of the spool, the smell of the outboard exhaust, the serenity of the water.   NO place I'd rather be than on the water, at sun-up, light steam fog rising from the warm glass like surface, sun just peeking above the horizon warming your bleary-eyed face. 
Life is good again...all is right with the world.  Yep...The rest is just water off a ducks' back. 
Peace y'all!

djkimmel

Yes - the simple fishing I did last Sunday had a profound effect. A good profound effect.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

I think I am going to have to agree with you Rev.  This "all about me......what have you done for me lately" attitude is damaging so many marriages, relationships, friendships, etc.  The economy and job situation doesn't help either.  Stress levels seem to be at an all time high.  I have been taking a "step back" and taking a long hard look at myself and how I can change those attitudes when they cross my path.  This I am finding is an uphill battle.  I guess trying to give people "peace of mind" is what has helped me in my everyday situations.  Being a Union Steward isn't an easy job.  It is probably the toughest job I have ever had.  It is challenging.  But maybe that is what role the "BIG GUY" wants me to play...........making people comfortable and giving them peace of mind in a world that is pretty unpredictable right now.  No one knows if they are going to have a job tomorrow.  No one knows if this is the last full day we will walk the earth.  I do know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us.  And if this is his plan for me.........Union Steward............giving my fellow constituents peace of mind so be it.  I will gladly do that job with superior mind and superior attitude.

BD                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

That kind of sums it up - more Peace of Mind and less piece of mind! :) We can each make the choice, can't we.