email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: st clair today  (Read 341 times)

capt charlie's charters

• capt charlie
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • View Gallery
st clair today
« on: October 20, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

well after a less then stupendous effort a week ago Tuesday that resulted in just 3 nice largemouth and 4 smallmouth, turned overcast and the "hawk" blew alot harder then forecasted ( gee what a suprise ) headed out again today with special guest Jeff "hard rocker"  Cheetam and what a beautiful day.  Gorgeous sunrise greeted us as we headed out of Crocker ramp, but the water was ugleeee and all sorts of wood and trash floating about ( anyone need a soccer ball ? ) anyways started over some weeds in 12ft nada, headed into shore finding clearer water 3 - 4 but no feesch.  headed back out and Cheetam strikes first in 6'-7' on a crank bait, but apparently that was the only fish in the neighborhood.
headed over to my secret hump topping out at 4 1/2 and loaded with rocks, determined fish weren't on the hard stuff.  Wind had picked up by now so we continued to drift and the Capt scores one for the home team, noted 8' of water with weed clumps....hmmm.   Mutual thought, lets head out to all those boats fishing for perch, sure to be some smallmouth hanging around there.  After viewing 12 - 14ft of water and no one catching anything, no brainer lets find some weed in 8ft of water.  Oh yeah babe that was the ticket, as the Capt stumbles into the first one, then another then another..."hey Jeffy you sleeping back there or sumthin?"   Apparently so as a 5lb'r awakens him and the fight is on, alas its back to napping time, but not for the Capt who fights the wind, waves and yes crazy ass boaters to keep the boat in 8 - 9 around weeds.  final count  Jeff - 3 and a dink, crank bait and drop shot Gulp and Crosstail....Capt 7 in the boat, 4 lost at the boat and a monster "big & uglee".  All on a drop shot, KVD Dreamshot, one chartruese and the rest on green pumpkin with purple and gold flek.  Absolutely no interest in any of the other drop shot baits that were offered.   

21XDC

Re: st clair today
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 06:36:58 AM »

Thank you... Looks like I'm going out on Sunday...
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

WishingIwasfishing

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 06:53:06 AM »

Thanks for the report capt, sounds like you had a fun day out there.

Mike if you do go post up how you do, good luck.

21XDC

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 09:16:07 AM »

I will... The wind will decide where I go...  ::)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 03:30:37 PM »

Somebody else must have been out there since this?? (Not me out there recently - but maybe some day yet, I hope)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Help Keep GLBass.com Growing
Visit the GLBass Stores

Buy GLBass.com Apparel

Buy Almost Anything from
the GLB Amazon.com Store

Online Shopping Links Available Here. Some Internet only specials!

GreatLakesBass.com Marine
Weather Portal Page

Check out Dan's Sponsors
Ranger Boats
Yamaha Outboards
Combat Fishing
Xtreme Bass Tackle
D & R Sports Center
Flint Sign & Design
Deka Battery

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | GreatLakesBass.com Apparel | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge