Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:08:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

white lake dnr ramp open ?

Started by capt charlie's charters, October 12, 2017, 12:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt charlie's charters

anyone know if they've opened the White Lake DNR ramp in Highland yet ?

dartag

I have been driving by every week to check.   I started a thread and have been posting photos.  Last Friday it was still quite a way from being completed. I took some photos. Those photos are at the bottom of the thread.  Won't get there this week since we are heading north.   I had hoped to try and organize a fun fishing day with lunch at the Inn if they get it done before Ice Fishing season.

http://www.greatlakesbass.com/forum/index.php?topic=40608.0

Hollada

Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

dartag

A friend of mine was there today.   Looks like the first coat of black top has been laid down at the ramp.   Going to need a second coat.  The parking lot appears to be complete.   

bob o

so this could be open soon enough for a fall smackdown, and burgers for lunch kind of thing

Hollada

Quote from: bob o on October 12, 2017, 06:23:10 PM
so this could be open soon enough for a fall smackdown, and burgers for lunch kind of thing

A man with a plan!
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

dartag

That is what I was hoping for.   Just a fun day on the water.   

djkimmel

If that is accurate that it is now back open there will probably be a mad rush at first to get there...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

I heard the ramp is open.  They even had a club tournament there today.

djkimmel

That didn't take long to happen...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

May have been pressure from the Lake Association since the homeowners were going to have to pay to use one of the private ramps.  I think it was supposed to be done in September.   

bob o

dartag

I will be on Wamplers Lake for the Big Bass Shootout.  They way my schedule is I won't be weekend fishing until Mid November. 

djkimmel

I believe originally the ramp was supposed to be done in mid-August actually... didn't ask what the delays were. Glad it's open now though it is fairly late.

djkimmel

Sampled White Lake today with Derek. The new ramp is 2-sided, both wide. Sharper, blinder turn especially to the 1st hole. Parking lot is nice. Bigger.

Fishing wasn't spectacular. We thought it might be since you'd assume the lake has had much less pressure this summer but it wasn't bad either. Other than a very short deep crankbait bite Derek enjoyed for less than an hour when we first arrived the rest of the day was pretty good whenever we just stuck to shallow square bill crankbaits on shallow weed flats. Everything else we tried wasn't working for us.

bob o

dartag

The ramp is open.  Not sure who the genius Is that designed it but it is interesting.  There are now 2 ramps to launch with the dock in the center.  They put a cement curb in near the road for some reason.  Even with my little boat I had to put the front wheels on it to  launch on the north side.  The south ramp if facing the pontoons moored at the marina.  They dumped a huge amount of rocks on the North side of the ramps out in the water.  Be careful you don't hit them.  Also the poured a lot of rip rap along the shore.  Not as much shore parking now.  I think there are 25 slips now.   Bet there will be a tournament every day of the week there next year.

Good news the fishing is still great.  Ended up catching about 20 bass on Blades and Drop Shots.  Did catch some in the back on a swim jig.