Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:54:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

More funk again on Lake St. Clair 9-12-2017

Started by djkimmel, September 26, 2017, 05:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

The week and a half funk I was in continued for a 6th trip / day of fishing - this time on one of the best bass lakes in America with cameraguy again on 9-12-2017.

Apparently I had so much fun... I didn't even share any pictures on social media for that day... not that there were many pictures to share?!?

I may have blocked the day out since I didn't post on social media and don't remember almost anything about the day. I know we fished for quite a while. I know we fished a bunch of spots. I know we tried hard, and that's about all I remember of the day.

The funk appears to be over now after 6 days of fishing over a week and a half. I hope so anyways. I say that since I've had to pretty good days on Round Lake but actually Derek and I visited another new lake the other day and the fishing was very slow there too. Going to St. Clair tomorrow. Maybe I will know for sure after the day's fishing there what the real status of my fishing at the moment is??

So here is the only smallmouth bass picture I have from this very slow day that makes me question my ability to find and catch bass... cameraguy caught it but I don't remember what on or where he caught it?? Maybe he'll remember?

Of course, it's not the only fish caught... not with Mr. Multispecies - cameraguy! He had to whack a big sheepshead too. On the Formula G3 tube again. Probably what he caught his bass on most likely.

Did we catch any dinks? I don't remember now. I would guess we caught at least a few of those. I think I remember we headed out deeper from the 9 Mile Bar and started seeing a few tiny schools of those little blue-green-silver minnows. It seems to be that I had a little bite on a drop shot Lil Magic Stick that ended up being a dink smallmouth bass I lost on a jump. That's about the most excitement I had for the day...

Maybe tomorrow we'll whack them?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

The smallie was caught near the Firecracker on Formula G3 tube. The Freshwater Drum was hooked off of the 9 Mile bar.
Tough day.

djkimmel

Completely forgot we went over there to the Firecracker area that day... glad we did better the other day finally!! Should just get better and better now.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.