Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:22:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What If ??? BASS or TBF

Started by djmaclf, February 17, 2006, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djmaclf

According to the State Chapter handbook,? If the vote on March 12 does not pass (which requires 2/3 Majority to pass) for BASS or TBF, This type of change can not be brought up again in another proposal for 12 months.

Then what ???

Also with much importance riding on this decision, shouldn't the vote go to all members, not just the club presidents?  A club of 20 could vote 11 to 9 one way, but only have 1 vote at the state level.  Or A club of 20 could vote 19 to 1 one way, but only have 1 vote at the state level?

Savage

Sounds like the same arguement we get every 4 years with the Presidential election, that's even more screwed up than this is!  When BASS made the statement that a club cannot be affiliated with both groups, they really threw down the gauntlet.  Now we have to decide, or go through the "BULL" of having two seperate clubs. :(
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

The presidential thing is a decent analogy - the individual voters don't actually elect the president - the mysterious electoral votes do.

The vote will have to be handled as pick one or the other. That will be the instruction when we all get there. We have to pick one and move on.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Is there a way that each member of the State Federatin can cast a vote an be heard?? Maybe have the clubs presidents bring their vote totals to the meeting instead of just one vote?? I think Djmaclf was onto something here....

Why can't we do it with a popular vote instead of representatives?? That would be the only FAIR way since a small club with 6 guys will have the same voting power as a massive club of 50 people.? Makes sense to me and really wouldn't be that hard.

What do you guys think? ???
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

whether we use it or not i wouldn't mind seeing the total votes for each side tallied and made available for all of us to see, don't know if it would work, because somebody would have to be gathering and counting..but i'm just curious to see hard numbers.

I'm not really in support of that though because we stand together joined as clubs, under the Michigan Bass Federation.  Whether or not my club votes as I do, I am satisfied with the group I am with and that the majority of my club is heard.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

I see your point, BUT:

The club presidents are coming to the meeting to cast their vote, they could easily bring the numbers with them and report them then.  Getting the info would be less hassle than a weigh-in at one of our tournaments!

Also, it would be nice to see the Federation go with what the majority wants, a club can still decide for itself, ultimately.  What I mean is, all the clubs will probably do what the members want to anyway, but it would at least be nice to see the decision made by the majority's wishes, that's all.  Both sides should have nothing to fear from that, right?

The really is, that if a club wants to go with FLW or BASS, they simply will do that, regardless of where the Federation goes.  The Federation serves it's members, so why not give each member an equal voice?

I'm not trying to stir controversy here or anything, please believe me.  I just think it should be as fair as possible.  Maybe I'll just mail in my vote, and go with an independant. :D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

ronhuntfish

Lets just get it over with! >:(
If we start counting popular vote vs electoral(club) vote, I can just see a the screaming and crying if it doesn't actaully go with the popular vote.

Also, it clubs don't go the way the Fed vote goes, they will probably get hosed for this year by not having a Federation to represent them, no state fish-off, no divisional, probably no divisional next season. I'm thinking stay with the federation at least for this season even if our club votes the opposite.

Savage

We will have that option, that's for sure.  I for one would like a crack at the Bay...
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djmaclf

Hopefully they (the state federation) will post which clubs will be with which organization (BASS or TBF).  That why club members will know what clubs they can join if their club vote goes not there way.

djkimmel

We'd have to change the bylaws to use a popular vote and we can't do that for another 30 day waiting period after submission of a written bylaw change at the next regular meeting - April 2, so we will haved decided as a federation by then.

Understand that the Saginaw Bay state championship goes off as planned regardless of where the qualifiers go afterwards. Where they go depends on who the federation goes with.

Right now, it looks like Minnesota is still hosting the BASS divisional because of some wrangling by BASS and the Minnesota Federation even though MN is apparently going with TBF. They are working to honor a pre-signed contract by making a one season exception.

According to TBF, Wisconsin will host the TBF divisional this year. From Chuck Rolfsmeyer: "TBF/FLW will be running their Divisional Sept. 10th - 15th, 2006 in Oshkosh, WI on the Wolf River and Lake Winnebago.  The Oshkosh area is very nice and the Chamber of Commerce is very excited to have us."

I don't know what this means for the September 05 state team yet. It will all be worked out after a decision is made.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.