Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:19:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

First Tourney of the Year -Maxinkuckee-

Started by skeeterman190, April 05, 2008, 09:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Well its all said and done the first ones in the bag for the year. Wow what a day im so beat that my eyeballs hurt right now from thinking so hard. The day dawned this morning cold,crisp,and sunny. What a beautiful day it was to be on the water. Started the meeting and drew numbers.Alright its gonna be a great day boat 3. From my prefish I was sitting on some nice largemouth in the deeper canals on the south end. Roar down there and Im the second guy there. So I idle past the guys and head toward my sweet spot. Water temp was 43 and I felt the would be hanging off the break near my tree in the reminents of old weeds. Well needless to said for some unknown reason I work all through these canals for nearly 4 hours with one 12 incher to show im baffled??
Its time for a change and its gotta happen now. Im always reluctant to fish for smallmouth out there becasue I have a hard time coming up with quality. But at this point my brains fried and I need a confidence boost. So I run to an area I located in prefish that was holding a good school of smallies. Third cast boom 15incher on a Lucky Craft 78 pointer. Alright know I got the wheels rollin again. Poke around up a little shallower and nothing. Move back out over the break and locate the small area that I knew they were holding on. Back to back cast yeild 2 more keepers on a silver buddy. Work the area for about 30 minutes and fill out the limit. Alright time for a pig, I knew that there wasnt going to be a pig in this school so I poke around and come up empty. Time to make a move or its check mate. Decide that i need that flippin stick in my hand one more time today too feel that I did all I could to win. Run back down the lake and start my flippin show again. NOTHING not even a nibble. Dang its over now what do I Do got 2 hours left and I need a good fish to feel Ive got a shot. Decided that Ill run back to them smallies one more time and poke and hope. Well 2 cast later ive got 2 cull fish to bump me up a little. One of them there black missles too wow I finally got a jump or 2 out of one. Hit about 3 more keepers and a few shorts and the whistles about ready too blow time up over pow! Get in for the weigh in and see that it was a tough day for lots of guys on the largemouth. Weigh in and have 8.9 on 5 now thats some tiny ones. But it was good for 4th place and a check to pay for the day so Im happy with that. really not happy Id say pleased that i turned something out of nothing today thats fishing for ya. Until next time good fishin guys-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com