Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:05:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL journal July 15th

Started by Team houston, July 18, 2017, 02:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Team houston

For this tourney I am paired with 19 yr old Harbor Lovin from Cincinnati. He is fishing his first BFL as a boater. His dad is also fishing as a boater and they have been practicing since Wed. He tells me they are catching some quality fish but sometimes it can be a grind.

They call boat 5 and we are off. Just a five minunte run brings us to our first stop. We fish for about a half hr and finally he hooks up on the tube. We get the fish in the net and it is 4lbs plus.

Twenty min later I hook up on the d-shot and work a 3lber to the net. The bite stops here so we run a mile to the next spot.

Harbor catches another quality fish here on the tube again. The weather is a little choppy this morning more than predicted. We move to another spot and after a while I hook up again on the d-shot. another one near 3 lbs.

It gets slow again and Harbor says lets go to his numbers spot. After a quick mile and a half trip we settle in. Harbor gets his 3rd on the tube. The wind begins to die and soon it is calm and sunny. I am thinking about a spybait and sure enough he pulls one from the rod box.

After a couple casts he hooks up and a 4lb plus fish launches out of the water. We get it into the net and I quickly dig out a spybait. Two casts and I hook up and get a 2lber in the boat. A couple more casts and I hook up again with a 4lber. Another couple casts and another four lber. A couple more casts and another one.

In a span of 15 min I catch four in a row. Three are 4lb class and I cull the 2lber. Harbor finally hooks up again this one is also 4 plus but as it is digging under the boat it pulls free. The action slows now and we head back to our starting spot. Here Harbor finally gets his fifth on a crankbait. We catch no more keepers and head in. Harbor has 17lb 14oz. That lost fish cost him a 19lb bag. Mine go 18lb 14oz good enough for 7th. Not a lot of keepers but for sure good quality. That quick flurry saved me. It was another fun day on the water,

dartag

Great report.   I see you are leading the points.  Keep up the good work.

detroit1

Love reading your reports Phil...keep up the good fishing .
WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

All-American Phil is on a roll! Big surprise... Keep catching 'em Team houston!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.