Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:08:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

PEEG A BU!!! World's Greatest Fishing Show is... well, Great!!

Started by djkimmel, April 06, 2008, 12:52:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

What an absolute NUT!!! Zona is possibly crazier than me when I'm fishing with Jeff Bishop... Well, heck yeah he is, because he does it while he's with just about anyone... including legends of fishing.

I'm watching the '2008 Flemich Cup' (whatever that is) at the moment. Saw the Possum Kingdom championship the other day... a little confusing since he was on Choke Canyon... but I guess if Dick Chipchase and I could have the world championship's of the worlds in the old days which included just me... and Bigfish Chip... and still counted as the world championship of the world each fall as we went mano 'e mano with all the tension and controversy you'd expect in such an event...

...Mark Zona can take his World's Greatest Fishing Show to the Possum Kingdom championship on Choke Canyon!!! (Although his ode to new kids on the block - 'Put the Fish in the Box, Girl' during this Flemich Cup was a little... little... well, he was wearing that vest...?? Shoot, I'll cut him some slack because of the awesome hat!!)

"That's why he's KVD!" Best quote of the show!! (He said something about stones too...?? ;D )

This is why it is...

The...

World's...

Greatest...

Fishing...

Show!!!

Keep it up pretty boy!!! :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Hey Dan, that would be the "FLAMICH" Cup. Zona and KVD representing Michigan vs. Martin and Grigsby from Florida. Zona is a nut, I thought he was gonna actually start to cry when KVD put that fish back with 3 minutes to go. No wonder he doesn't fish the tour, I don't think he could run the trolling motor with those big red floppy shoes.

fiker

I gotta admit.  When Zona first hit TV I was not a fan.  I would not have walked across the street to meet him, unless I was headed in that direction any way.
But I really like his newest show TWGFS.  Maybe cause he's been in Michigan a couple of times.  Or maybe cause he comes across with, (for me anyway) a somewhat less abrasive personality). 
But, I gotta admit, I like the show.  Perhaps becoming a fan?
Only problem is now I'll no doubt be singing "Baby Cub......" sometimes this summer during the slow times. That and calling people Dude all the time.......
One thing that really stood out on yesterdays show was something that KVD said.  " I always fish for first place".  (a sneak peek into the psyche of one of the best?)

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

bassmandan

i wasnt thinking "Put the fish in the box, girl" from new kids on the block, more like the SNL skit of that.......ehem but yea it was funny i laughed kind of funny watching zona and vandam trash talk each other
"dont stop keep fishing"

Jmcfarland

Zona is a nut thats for sure. Somehow he pulls it off through all the BULL and has made it work.

djkimmel

Dude... I wasn't sure if it was Flamich or Flemich (or maybe flem??) But it was pretty darn funny at times.

Zona is a 'local boy done good' basically. We need people like him and Stricker to take the worlds' minds off Michigan being the state of terrorists/militia and East Lansing riots among other things (can you say The Honorable Representative Dr Death!?!)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cy

Good point DK.  Unfortunately the average person will need to be watching ESPN2 on Sat morning to get a Michigan perspective adjustment.  All the Bassheads have already heard of VanDam and Zona.  We need every one else to notice.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Team houston

"in my world, that takes stones"  Laughed I disagree off.

djkimmel

Well... I hope you find your 'disagree' again sometime soon... If I ever have my own GLBass TV show, I will invite you AND Zona on there so we can capture the exact moment your 'disagree' is laughed off on film for all... well, posterity!!

Waterfoul

What?  There's a new show on t.v. and I missed it?

I did watch the first two BASS Elite tournies on the Duece this afternoon.  KVD and the Red Eye Shad sure looked good at Kissimi!  Or however you spell it.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!