Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hollow Body Frogs Only Event Sunday August 20th Kent Lake. Date Changed

Started by dartag, July 09, 2017, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

YpsiBass

My boat is still without lower unit so if someone has a backseat, let me know.

dartag

I am out.       A buddy fished the upper river at Kent yesterday.  Said it is choked and no current coming in.   Maybe we could do an outing when the White Lake Launch open.  Then lunch at the  Inn. 

YpsiBass

bob o

Mojo

no white mouse top water, no mojo..........  the mouse must be in the house !
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Well... I was going to suggest Ovid after hearing Portage Chain didn't look promising - used to be lots of pads in the little lakes and clumps in some of the bigger lakes?

Derek and I went to Ovid Tuesday and the majority of our bites were on topwater over the big milfoil beds. Mostly small keepers though I did have a much better one on that I lost to a thick patch it dove in to. Saw a few better fish feeding in the stuff too! Interesting part is we didn't fish until noon to 5pm on a bright, mostly sunny day so I'm wondering how much better the morning bite might be?

At this point I'm not even sure I can still get Derek to fish? With all the other cancellations I'd say forget about this one. But maybe sure consider Lake Ovid next time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Does it count that it not just rained, but POURED on the planned event day....
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Of course... I say when we try to pull this off for good (and I volunteer Lake Ovid as an always decent to good choice) that we post one date publicly but only share the REAL date through private messages... that way we might trick the entity who is sending the rain all the time?!?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

I think we need a Pike Tournament.  Fished Long Lake Thursday about 1/4 mile from my house and caught Pike all day.   Yesterday we went to Sanford Lake 120 miles away and caught Pike All Day.   Maybe if we try a Pike Tournament we will catch Bass.

djkimmel

I've fished 1 pike tournament ever. Took 1st place and big pike. Just went bass fishing and hammered the pike!

djkimmel

bob o

djkimmel