Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:20:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hollow Body Frogs Only Event Sunday August 20th Kent Lake. Date Changed

Started by dartag, July 09, 2017, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Hollada

I'm in if I'm not in Montana.  I need to decide whether I am going the week before or after august 26 - or both weeks.  The 26th is a family reunion and celebration of my grandmothers 90th bday.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

dartag

We fished there Tuesday and the lake is a Stinky Nasty Mess of Dead weeds in the areas where frogging would be fun.  The upriver portion of the lake seemed lifeless.   Guess unless someone has a better idea for a lake we just cancel it.  I hope to not have to go back to Kent this year.  Sad what they have done to that lake.

mikesmiph

A VERY good chance with my new job, I won't have to work weekends, at least for a while. I'm in no matter where we go.

bob o

is this still ON for the 20th, with the condition of the lake like it is now?

dartag

Quote from: bob o on August 12, 2017, 01:56:46 PM
is this still ON for the 20th, with the condition of the lake like it is now?

Guess it's up to the group.  I posted what I did after fishing it.  Who's in. 

djkimmel

Well... I was 'in' but I'm not real excited if the lake isn't set up right now very well for hollow body froggin' ?? Don't relish a day of throwing frogs with no action... Just going by a few recent fishing reports since I haven't been there this year.

I'm not sure off the top of my head about any other lakes in SE Michigan that have a lot of froggy cover??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

What about Portage Lake Chain (Pinckney)? There's a bass tournament (a club I think with 10 boats) listed on Saturday, but nothing listed on Sunday.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

mike and rick are out there today (sunday 13th) we can wait for a fishing report and go from there

dartag

Quote from: djkimmel on August 12, 2017, 05:31:40 PM
What about Portage Lake Chain (Pinckney)? There's a bass tournament (a club I think with 10 boats) listed on Saturday, but nothing listed on Sunday.

Might be going there Wednesday for a boat ride up to Zukey Lake for lunch.  Will see what it looks like.   Only on it one time about 10 years ago.

mikesmiph

Rick, my grandson and I fished Kent yesterday. We didn't really see any of the stinky mess that was reported, but the fishing was VERY slow. This was not the Kent lake of lore. We fished some topwater and Rick caught one pike. Most of the fish (pike) were caught on spinner baits. I did manage one keeper bass on a spinner bait. Only one other short bass caught under the bridge all day. I don't know what happened to Kent lake during the 3 years I haven't fished it, but we couldn't find em. I'd be happy to try Portage or any other lake. I'm not real keen on spending another $20 on Kent.

YpsiBass

I haven't been on the boards much lately, but why not return the frog event to that lake in the Lansing area that we had it at a few years ago?

LAPORTE

The answer to the worlds problems.... Belleville lake ! ... lol
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

t-bone

My club is fishing Portage lake on Saturday, we are doing a team tournament so that's why it is listed as 10 boats.
I won't be able to fish back to back days this week, so I'm out with the date change.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

mikesmiph

stackenem

I'll be on West GTB sitting in a charter boat looking for salmon, steelhead and lakers.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

dartag

Cruised from Portage lake to Zukey Lake.   Not a lot of frog water along the way.   There is some in the river but not a lot.   

No idea about lake Ovid.   

Guess we just cancel it. 

mikesmiph

Ok, so out of everyone who had planned to fish this on Sunday, who wants to just go fishing and meet up? Maybe some lake that has water access to food for lunch? I have new sonars to play with and I promised a buddy some fishing. It would be nice if others wanted to go too.