Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:59:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Warning - you might see some intermittent downtime

Started by djkimmel, June 18, 2017, 07:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Due to a completely unexpected decision by the people who maintain the forum software I use here (and most of my other forums) I am being forced to upgrade my version of PHP on this website and install all new ad codes from a newer adserver I set up a while ago (but put off the many hours of code swapping I need to do to make the switch over on here).

What this means to me is losing most of my weekend to file/account backups, and updating software and hundreds of web pages... what this means to you is that I expect at best there will be some moments of downtime while I'm swapping codes scattered across the whole greatlakesbass.com website.

If I experience extreme unexpected errors and new surprises downtime might even be several minutes to a half an hour or more depending what I have to do to overcome the error(s) or revert files back if I can't fix something now.

I have actually tested some of this a month or two ago on here (when some of you probably experienced more downtime than I wanted because I had a hard time getting my network people to figure out what one real big road bump I found was being caused by!!). So I know some of the issues that are going to pop up and have workarounds ready. I just expect that no matter how much I tested all of this last time there are probably things I missed.

So... hang on to the edge of your seat, and if you suddenly lost connection to this website try refreshing the page first because it may just be a burp. If that doesn't fix it, wait a couple minutes and try again. If that doesn't fix it (know I am pulling my hair out over here!!) try again in 20-30 minutes. If that doesn't fix it... things have gone really bad... lets hope that things don't go really bad... I'd like to be done before bedtime tonight! :)

Thanks as always for spending some of your time here. I wish I had the new website software running because I may lose the news and blog features today until I move to the new website... but I decided I don't completely like the new forum yet, and I'm going to rework it again before I ask some people to try it out...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Well... I'm sad to say (mostly for me) that I haven't made the big switch yet... I'm not quite half way through updating codes on all the web pages. ...but! The good news is, I'm taking the day off tomorrow and going fishing!! So maybe I'll break the website tomorrow night or Wednesday... hope you're all having a good week!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Well again... I lost my biggest bass again today... no idea why I'm losing lots of bigger bass this year?!? And... the only day out of the next 5 the wind is not supposed to blow 10-20 is tomorrow... so I'm taking tomorrow off too and going fishing on my little lake. Finishing the code swaps, PHP switch and forum upgrade will have to wait another day.

Hope when you get to go fishing the wind isn't blowing too hard. It was blowing a LOT harder today at times than I thought it was going to... big surprise.

djkimmel

Well... I did it! Everything has been upgraded and mostly seems to be working as far as I can tell.

If you start running into strange errors or find something that isn't work PLEASE let me know!! Thank you!