Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:14:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Prayer request

Started by fiker, March 25, 2008, 06:57:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

Please add my name to your prayer lists. 
I've been suffering with some problems in my left eye since Christmas. 
It all started with a detached retina. 
I'm traveling to DC tomorrow, to meet a Dr. there that is only one of two Dr.s in North America that do a certain kind of procedure. If this doesn't work, I'll require surgery this summer.

Please pray for a safe journey for my wife and I, that I'm a candidate for this procedure, and that the Dr.'s hand is steady on Thursday, and Friday. 

Hopefully, all will go well, and I'll see you on Saturday out at Wonderland. 
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

dmills4124

Already done.
God Bless
don & kim m

Revtro

You got it Rick.  We'll SEE you soon.  Have a safe trip and good results at the doc.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

Ricker,

Good Luck!  Maybe you can slip the doctor a $20 and ask him to replace the old retina with a new polarized one.  Maybe get both eyes done.  Seems like it would come in handy to have polarized retinas in the fishing world.

Or, see if there is anything he can do about x ray vision.  That would be even better.  Especially for those long, boring meetings we have a couple times a year at Hooters!

In all seriousness, have a good trip and come back all fixed up.

McCarter himself :-\'

Fishmael

Good luck on the procedure.  I just prayed for wisdom for the doctor, for a good result and for safe travels.  I hope everything works out well for you.  Hopefully they will have good weather while you are there as well.

In Christ,
Chris.

motocross269

Good luck to you....Have a safe trip.     

SODY

We are and will continue to pray, remember nothing is impossible with God! May the peace of God rule your heart, mind and actions as you travel. Please don't hesitate to call us if you need anything.

SethV

Prayin' for a full and speedy recovery!!

Revtro

Speaking of... how are you feeling Seth?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Praying for a the right outcome Rick.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

SClapper

May God be with you and the Doctor, my prayers are with you.  Steve Clapper

bigjc

REEL_MAN

Any word on the results, we're still praying till we hear. There true power in prayer especialy when there are so many.

God Bless

REEL MAN

WayneC

Already on it and 'till you get back...let us know.

fiker

I met with the Dr. last Thursday. He told me he couldn't help me.
My choices now are: surgery, and do nothing.
Nothing to me really isn't an option.
Now the question is when. 
When it won't interrupt my job, nor my fishing.
I think I just might be selfish on this one, and let it interrupt my job. 
Season's just too darn short.

I look at it this way, it's kinda like fishing.  I pursued my options and it didn't pan out.  Kinda like eliminating water.  Now I know where the fish aren't.

At least our prayers of giving the Dr. wisdom came true.  He knew right away, that the procedure on me would have been a waste.  And my wife and I traveled safely there and back.

Thanks for all of your prayers, best wishes and concerns.  i'll keep you all posted on the next go round.

Revtro

Good job keeping a positive outlook.  That's so important.  Since the doc couldn't help you, is he recommending a different type of surgery then?  More risk and recovery?  Don't worry, it'll all work out, and we'll all keep in it our prayers. 

I know what you mean about not interrupting the fishing season.  I need a neck surgery that I'm putting off until after the fishing season because it's just too dang short.  I know how you feel on that one.  Thanks for the update.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Well, I hope you have the best season you've ever had and then have things taken care of the way they have to be.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fasttrack

It's great to know what a positive attitude you are keeping! Issues like this can be draining emotionally and can drag ya down. Keep the faith!

I have a similar situation with my right shoulder. It has given me problems for quite a while now. Last year I would get about 2 hours into a tournament and have to 'baby it' the rest of the way. Like a typical male, I let it go on cause I didn't want to go to the doctor. I finally broke down and went in. Pretty sure its a Labral tear (cartilage around socket). Tried a bunch of therapy. Now I have to get an MRI on 4/25/08 then we will see what kind of surgury I need. Luckily I can hold off on surgery till later in the year if I want. Supposed to be a pretty tough, five month recovery. I hope to squeeze out a fishing season but will miss next hunting season. At least I have a desk job so I won't miss much work/income. Maybe I will have to practice casting left handed this spring or something!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

WayneC

I had some serious tendonitis in my elbows years ago and found it was easier to fish with bait casters and sweep set the hook.  Just couldn't do a spin caster for years.  We do what we have to do.  Now it's healed up and everything is back to normal.  It can take a while but things tend to work out in the end because we have hope and we want it to happen.  It looks like we should keep the praying up all season eh?  The board is a great way to keep everyone up-to-date.  Always praying...WC

fiker

I had problems with my elbow.  It was actually diagnosed as fisherman's elbow.  Just like tennis elbow, but different parts of the joint.

I coulnd't use baitcasters, but could use spin casters.

I was lucky.  Physical therapy helped me get back on track in a matter of weeks.  Now, I keep a 5# weight next to my TV chair.  If I keep the muscles in tone they help out the cartilage. 

The same is true for my back problems.  Just some minor stretches, and "exercises" help a great deal.