Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:07:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

WONDERLAND MARINE WEST FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Started by robtheboatman, March 24, 2008, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

I made it to the show on Saturday and watched Joe Balog's seminar and then checked out the vendors for a while after a few hotdogs.  Joe was a very entertaining and informative speaker and though I don't fish Erie, I still picked up some valuable information that can be applied elsewhere. 
I was finally able to get my hands on a couple of Vibraspins and Vibrashocks from Karu Lures.  After talking to Josh, I am convinced that these will definitely catch fish.  I also picked up some good looking baits from snack daddy and now all I need is some open water to try them all out.

All in all, a good show and definitely worth the trip to Howell.

-Ryan

SethV

It was a good show!  I had my 4 year old with me and he sat through Joe Baylog and Jose's seminars.  They both did great seminars, and my son was listening intently for 2 hours straight.  If these guys can keep a 4 year old's attention, you know they are good to listen too.

Seth

Bender

Just want to say thanks to Wonderland for putting the show on and to all the people that stopped by the booth. I was great to see a lot of familiar people and to meet many new ones, even though shows seem like a blur. I know that we put a lot of work in and I'm sure that everybody else did that was there so thanks again to everybody that came. Hope to see you all on the water soon, very soon!
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

joshimoto son

HUGE thanks to Rob, Chris and the rest of the wonderland marine staff for not only making it easy for us, but making us feel very welcome.
It was great to see everyone (wished I had time to write down all the names) and meet some more members.

I have to tell you that it felt great to be on the "other side of the table" for a fishing show. I gave the report to Rudy and Karl and they are very thankful and happy with the results.

The biggest thanks goes to my fiance Racheal. She had a blast being there and very proud of me as she just watched me " in the moment" so to speak. She really is my best fishing partner (in the grand sceme of things) and we work together as a team. My goal is now her goal. Thanks babe.

joshimoto son ;D

McCarter

Huge thanks to EVERYONE at Wonderland.  From the owner all the way down to the younger guys driving the carts, each was very friendly and and always willing to help the vendors out in any way.  It is Huge for little guys just starting out, like Nemesis Baits, Karu Lures, etc..., to be able to showcase our products at no cost.  The Karu stuff was flying out the door and Chris and I sold twice what we had originally thought we should be able to move.  All in all, it was a huge success for us and really helped to get our name out to some serious fisherman. 

Huge thanks to Jose Garza who made our Goby bait the highlight of his seminar.  It was a little slow going for the first couple hours, then all of a sudden Garzas seminar got out and we literally had a line at our booth.  How do you repay someone for that? 

Huge thanks to everyone who stopped by and talked to us, bought something, grabbed a card, whatever.  Like Josh said, it was nice to be on the other side of the table, for me, actually selling my own stuff for a change.  I think this is the first show i have ever done where i could answer any question a customer had.  Usually, i am on the phone calling Minn Kota, or Humminbird, or Save Phace with question i am not qualified to answer.  It was nice to have all the answers.

Huge thanks to my partner Chris for putting up me as well for the past few weeks.  I think designing and pouring baits and new colors is my true calling.  Its the only thing i can think of that i have ever done and gave a true 100%.  Most things i get a little half-behind on but with the bait thing, i get pretty crazy and stuck on making them perfect, or as close to perfect as humanly possible.  Chris gets it and feels the same way i do about making everything right.  So thanks brother, i really could not have done this on my own.

Huge thanks to Lt. Dan Kimmel as well.  I really felt that 75% of our customers were GLB members so without Dan and this great site, no one would even know who we are.  Plus, he is just an all around swell guy to talk to even if i feel the need to repeat myself and my stories 4 times in a row because i had one too many at dinner that night.  Thanks Dan!

McCarter himself :-\'

bassinman#1

What about the two fellers on the other side of you?

DDBethke

It was a great show for "JL" and I as well! It was great to meet you guys that I haven't met before and ofcourse to finally see all the new homebaked (you can use that) soft plastics you have been concocting.

My Top Pics of the show:(in no particular order)

Nemisis - Garza Goby (sweet horizontal float & color)
KaRu - Vibraspin (Josh I forgot to buy some! :-[)
Snack Daddy - Elite Series Hand Poured Tubes (soft like butter!)
Crooked Creek Baits and Extreme Bass Tackles - 2 1/2" tubes
South Street Tackle - (too many great baits to list, just need some Optimum Swimbaits and Wacky Shads! :o)

A big thanks to Wonderland (Rob, John, Jose, etc), especially for the Hot Dogs nice work Keith W. and the Parts Dept!

Duane

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

Ryan

Quote from: McCarter on March 31, 2008, 10:36:27 AM
all the way down to the younger guys driving the carts

Good point McCarter, I forgot to mention it, but the little shuttle service they were running between the hotdogs/seminars and the vendors was a great idea and there always seemed to be a cart ready and waiting to give you a ride. Thanks guys.

-Ryan

robtheboatman

I am glad everyone had a great time.  I know it was hard not spending every penny I had on all of the tackle that was there.  If anyone has any ideas on how to make it better, let me know.  I was very impressed with the knowledge, enginuity, and  profesionalism (even McCarter) of some of our young tackle desingers/makers.  I think our sport has a bright future.  I don't know a total head count, but we cooked almost 600 hotdogs (I am not sure how many Dan K accounted for).  I look forward to seeing everyone throughout the year, and we'll do it again next spring.
Thanks
Rob

djkimmel

Quote from: robtheboatman on March 31, 2008, 10:35:09 PM
I don't know a total head count, but we cooked almost 600 hotdogs (I am not sure how many Dan K accounted for).
Thanks
Rob

596 of them must have been eaten by about that many other anglers and boaters. Thanks Rob.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Huge thanks to Jose Garza who made our Goby bait the highlight of his seminar.  It was a little slow going for the first couple hours, then all of a sudden Garzas seminar got out and we literally had a line at our booth.  How do you repay someone for that? 

For his age, height and weight... I'm suggesting 5 gobies...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Cheetam

...Plus, he is just an all around swell guy to talk to even if i feel the need to repeat myself and my stories 4 times in a row because i had one too many at dinner that night.  Thanks Dan!

Um....One?  :D
Jeff

Eric

What do Wonderland's Open House and McCarter's stories have in common?

They both last a weekend and take about 600 hot dogs to get through.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

joshimoto son

Quote from: TournamentReadyTackle on March 31, 2008, 09:46:34 PM
It was a great show for "JL" and I as well! It was great to meet you guys that I haven't met before and ofcourse to finally see all the new homebaked (you can use that) soft plastics you have been concocting.

My Top Pics of the show:(in no particular order)

Nemisis - Garza Goby (sweet horizontal float & color)
KaRu - Vibraspin (Josh I forgot to buy some! :-[)
Snack Daddy - Elite Series Hand Poured Tubes (soft like butter!)
Crooked Creek Baits and Extreme Bass Tackles - 2 1/2" tubes
South Street Tackle - (too many great baits to list, just need some Optimum Swimbaits and Wacky Shads! :o)

A big thanks to Wonderland (Rob, John, Jose, etc), especially for the Hot Dogs nice work Keith W. and the Parts Dept!

Duane

Duane,

I had the same problem, on the way home I felt real bad because I forgot to pick something up. Get a hold of me, maybe we can do a little swap, I really want to get a couple of those swimbaits.

joshimoto son ;D

McCarter

Quote from: Eric on April 01, 2008, 09:22:13 AM
What do Wonderland's Open House and McCarter's stories have in common?

They both last a weekend and take about 600 hot dogs to get through.

Tell on bad story and your a bad story teller for life.  Your a hard person to impress Eric.  But i will keep working on new ways to make you love me.

Eric

Your stories are awesome.  You had us all laughing like crazy.  And remember, you are the one that got me started in all this east side stuff anyway.  How many people other than me consider it a privilege to stay at your house?  I love you enough now, so save your love efforts for teaching me how to fish over there.
www.BassinWithEric.com

McCarter

Well, I was gonna make you my famous Spam and eggs next time you crash over.  But since you already love me, whats the use ;)

BTW, I hope that last post didnt come across like i was serious.  i was trying sarcasm on for size.  Did it work?

I know the story was horrible.  Its actually a good story when i get it right and im not sluring and drooling.  But it definatly wasnt the right company to be telling that particular story.  Live and learn. 

I only know how to fish one lake in MI and only sometimes do i actually get it right.  But you know Im always more than happy to go fishing with you.

Eric

The spam and eggs will be shore lunch for us, unless the dogs get it, and we have to go to BK.

As for sarcasm goes, I am king.  You are minion.  Lots of us that know each other, know how we are, but lots don't know us, so I try to be careful sometimes as to not give some the wrong impression about us.  So, even though we have fun and pick on each other all the time, I want to make sure everyone doesn't think we're turds (just ugly donkeys).  The only time I don't like you is when I get to some of my honey holes on Kent Lake and you are already there.

As for the one lake, as long as you get it right when you are helping me, I don't care about the other 100 days you fish it.

Besides, I'm fat, and like to eat, so stories just give me more time to eat. 

Cheetam, stay out of it.
www.BassinWithEric.com

Cheetam

Jeff

GotstaFish

I just wanted to say thanks for all the GLB members who showed up to the show and HUGE thanks to Josh and Racheal for working the KaRu Lures booth for us and also for doing a fantastic job on explaining our product to the crowd  ;D