Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:49:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

WONDERLAND MARINE WEST FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA

Started by robtheboatman, March 24, 2008, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robtheboatman

2008 FISHING EXTRAVAGANZA
SAT MARCH 29th (9am-6pm)
SUN MARCH 30 (10am-5pm)

LAST CHANCE FOR BOAT SHOW PRICING

Parts and Accesories sale

BULK OIL SALE
Mercury 2 stroke  premium   Reg $23 gal    SALE $18 gal
                        optimax           28                   22
Yamaha 2 stroke  2M                 26                   20
Evinrude/Johnson  XD30              23                  18
                         XD50             26                   20
                         XD100           39                   30
*We can only refill manufacturers containers.  If you have any questions on this, please call.

Tackle and Products from our friends at; Powell Rods, Case Plastics, Lunch Money Lures, KD Outdoors, Wolverine Tackle, Snack Daddy Lures, Berts Custom Tackle, Xtreme Bass Tackle, Cast-A-Way rods, Fish Hedz, Ka-ru lures, Nemesis baits, and booths from  Complete Battery source, World Wide Marine insurance, and Pro-Pole.

Seminars
Lake Erie Expert Joe Balog
FLW Walleye Pro Eric Olsen
Muskie Legend Bob Brunner
Salmon Expert Chip Cartwright

Free Hot Dogs and Drinks.

If you have any questions, or need directions, call 800-226-3050 and ask for Chris or Rob

I hope to see everyone this weekend.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

robtheboatman

Dan
Chris will have it tomorrow, and I will post A.S.A.P
Rob

djkimmel

Ok - I think I got the Sunday time wrong also - is it 10 am to 5 pm? or 9 am?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Looking forward to being there Saturday and Sunday. I haven't had a chance to hear Bryan Coates speak yet. He's a member on GLBass.com and has posted a few great reports in the past. Joe Balog is rumored to have read on here a time or two. I have heard a couple seminars by Joe - he usually provides some great tips.

robtheboatman

Sundays start time is 10am, I need all of the sleep I can get.

joshimoto son

Rob,

I contacted Chris last Friday to secure a booth space for KaRu Lures. I am just wondering since I did not see us on your line up of vendors if we have been accounted for. If not, please sign me up.

Thanks,

Josh Clark
joshimoto son ;D

robtheboatman

You are on the list, I apologize for missing you on the list,  I was trying to do the post from home, and had to do it from memory.  I look forward to seeing you on Sat..

joshimoto son

Whew... thanks.
I'll be looking forward to meeting you on Saturday as well.

joshimoto son ;D

McCarter

pssssst.........NemesiS Baits will be there, too.  I also look foward to meeting the one they call Thy Robeth of Bakeman.  Maybe, if we are lucky we can talk him into a pint at ye old pub with us after the show???

McCarter himself :-\'

robtheboatman

McCarter
I know that guy, and he could probably be persuaded into joining you afterwards.

5alive

Looking forward to this event, great deals and great people at this. Plus it is great to have the support for the local fisherman and get some good local tips from their seminar speakers.
Jeff Harris

www.quantumfishing.com
www.strikeking.com

robtheboatman

Seminars for this weekend

SAT & SUN
11-12 - Capt. Chip Cartwright  "GREAT LAKES SALMON"
12-1   - Joe Balog  "LAKE ERIE SMALLMOUTHS  PART 1"
1-2    -  Bob Brunner  "MUSKY FISHING LAKE ST. CLAIR"
2-3    - Joe Balog  "LAKE ERIE SMALLMOUTHS PART2"
3-4    -  Jose Garza  "LAKE ST. CLAIR SMALLMOUTH"

If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.
Rob

djkimmel

18 minutes to go before Joe Balog starts his seminar! If you're close to Howell you can still make it!!!

Skulley

The show was great!!!  Lots of tackle.  Cool boats.  Great hot dogs.  Saw all my GLBass.com buddies out there.  LAPORTE, fiker, McCarter, Cheetam, WayneC, djkimmel of course, (I put the stickers on my truck DK.  The truck looks better than it ever did. The KaRu sticker is on it too.), Got Fish?? was there, Mojo, Joshimoto son sold me some Vibraspins, and a whole cast of characters.  My son got some freebies....thanks again to the vendors.  The kids really like that free stuff.  He said he is ready to fish.  Depending on what time the Wings are playing, I just may head out there again.                                                   Outstanding!!!!!
BD          ;D     
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Well... we start over tomorrow and do it again!! GREAT to see everyone!! Joe Balog is a must-see for improving your performance on the big lakes, particularly Erie. And our very own Jose Garza (it's too late to type out his screen name ;D) is doing justice to catching big smallies on the St. Clair River. 3 bass seminars tomorrow. TONS of tackle. And it's all FREE including the food!!!

That's right - FREE FOOD!!! So you can't lose.

Durand Dan

I hate to admit it, but that was the first time I had ever been to Wonderland Marine. I never realized that it was so big!! All the times I've driven by and thought "Man that's a pretty small building to hold a fishing show in".  ???
Got a chance to speak with Wayne Carpenter and Josh Clark for a few minutes. These guys were great. I think Wayne must have told me to call him at least 3 times if I have any questions about baits to use or those that are hot. Josh was really helpful explaining the different techniques for using the KaRu lures. I can't wait to get out there today and see how they work.
Great job Wonderland!! And thanks for helping me keep my weight up ;D ;D

fiker

Once again a big thanks to Wonderland for hosting this event.  They moved a few boats out so that more vendors could be there.  Speaking of vendors some of our sponsors are there: Xtreme tackle, KaRu lures, Case Plastics. Make sure that when you stop by, you thank them for their support of this web site.
Our very own, McCarter, and Bender are there with their hand poured soft plastics.  I love your slogan guys, "Hand poured goodness in every bag." I also like the feel of your plastics, softer than most brands.
Joshimoto mans the booth for  KaRu.   I know in your day job Josh, you're an engineer, but if that ever falls short, you need to take a look at sales.  There was much excitement over the line of KaRu lures, and Josh's enthusiasm over pointing out the finer points of each of their lures. 
Hopefully I can get back today....
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Skulley

Unfortunately I am not going to make it back to Wonderland today.  My son and I are headed to the Joe for the Wings vs. the Predators.  They drop the puck at 1500.  I will be leaving the house in the next 30 minutes or so.  It is about 1355 right now.  It takes me about 25 minutes to get downtown, park the car, and get to my seat with beer, pop, pizza, and dogs.  The boy likes that pizza.  I can't understand why he says the pizza tastes better there than at the neighborhood Little Caesars.  Probably because he is hanging with his Dad.  Anyway Go Wings.  Thanks again to Wonderland and all the Vendors that were there for a great show and a great time Saturday.

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

PapaChris

Thanks everyone for Coming, we really enjoy getting everyone together for the extravaganza. If you missed it, you missed a good time.
Thanks Dan and everyone who came out and sold their tackle at discount prices and made this year great.