Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:24:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Michigan PIGS

Started by TCook, April 23, 2008, 11:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

Here's a couple pigs I cought today on the big lake in Indiana. The one on the left went 5-12 and on the right 5-10. Both were cought on Xtreme tubes, thanks wayne.

FISH HARD!!!

skeeterman190

Nice fish man seen them on BBC. I cant say wheather id trade the day i had out there yesterday or not. Those were a blast to catch Im sure. the 3 pounders were fighting like crazy. The 4s even better but 6s come on thats hookn the back of the boat im sure. Glad you got your biggest smallie ever its only gonna Get better here in the next couple of weeks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ill be there this weekend again!!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

I think I may have figured it out heres a few of mine from tuesday-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

How the heck do I do that so mine dont look like bait!!!! haha There goes my 19lb down the toilet great fish man!!! that blows my mind those little buzzard must have looked at my tube 20 times!!!!!!!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

djkimmel

SON!!! That's the way to start off the season. Man! We are spoiled ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TCook

we got a few smaller ones dropshotting the nemesis gobys, they seem to work well. I think I will be making an order very soon.

T  
FISH HARD!!!

Cheetam

A 5-10 and  a 5-12...that's it?!  ;)  Awesome job...looks like L. Michigan is the place to be.
Jeff

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

fasttrack

TCook, when are we gonna meet in person? Maybe in your boat on Lake Michigan sometime very soon? I'm up for a road trip from G.R.!

fast track (Marc)
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

djkimmel

Catch a couple big fish... and suddenly... everyone wants to be your friend?!?  ;D ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TCook

Cheetam, Ill tell you what they sure looked like 6 pound class smallies to me but thats what my xtools scale said so thats what they be I guess.

Marc, I would be up for an outing or two but my boat does not exist yet. I am still stuck as a nonboater and it sucks big time but thanks to buddies like 1Jav it makes being boatless not as bad.

And yes Lake Michigan is one of the places too be, its starting to be clear that us guys in southwest michigan do have an amazing smallmouth fishery that can be as productive as erie and st clair if you can find them.

T
FISH HARD!!!

canvsbk

Every year at this time I have to try and dispell the ever reoccuring myth of those steel mill smallies. :o
Even if there were giant bronzebacks in there I doubt you could get a bass boat through the concrete slabs anyway. ???
So one more time...they really aren't there boys, it's only another Indiana rumor. Go Redwings! ;D
Look past what they want you to see.

hunlee

Them are nice fish and Hunlee is impressed!!!!Hunlee think you are very proud and are standing very tall now!!!

hunlee
hulee is friend to all people

1javelin

Yep, no smallmouth down here, you guys need to stay on the East side of things and find where the real smallmouth are and let us know so if we are ever able to leave our non-fish holding waters we can actually catch some instead of doctoring photos!! ;) ;)

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

skeeterman190

Ha im assuming your just being sarcastic there canvsbk. If not oh well your missin out. Its not a rumor Lake Michigan Has SOME BIG SMALLMOUTH. Atleast weve had the bassmasters classic here. they blew it by not letting them go to Indiana waters. 25lbs Woo had was chump change, if your a real great lakes fisherman. One of my buddies and I have talked about this. Yeah theres pigs here right now where anyone with a brain can catch them but in the summer its a different deal. but theres tons of offshore structure that they'll group up on.-sooner or later it will get its props and i cant wait till we have some monster tourneyts here.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

TritonTR20

Team KaRu

Quote from: skeeterman190 on April 25, 2008, 12:45:42 AM
Ha im assuming your just being sarcastic there canvsbk. If not oh well your missin out. Its not a rumor Lake Michigan Has SOME BIG SMALLMOUTH. Atleast weve had the bassmasters classic here. they blew it by not letting them go to Indiana waters. 25lbs Woo had was chump change, if your a real great lakes fisherman. One of my buddies and I have talked about this. Yeah theres pigs here right now where anyone with a brain can catch them but in the summer its a different deal. but theres tons of offshore structure that they'll group up on.-sooner or later it will get its props and i cant wait till we have some monster tourneyts here.-skeeterman-

Wanna take a fellow sponsor out fishing for a day? Send me an email.... pretty please ;D
Rudy

Bigbass201

Those are a couple pigs.  Congrats!