Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Spring of Dirty Water.

Started by dartag, May 30, 2017, 06:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Seems everywhere I go except my lake I find dirty water.   Fished Lobdell last Tuesday and the water was dirty and lots of weeds.  About 11:00 around the corner comes a Boston Whaler and a Air Boat spraying chemical and pellets. The chemical smell was so bad I had to leave.    Went back Saturday for the tournament hoping the water would be cleaner.  I think it was worse.   Fishing was tough for me.  12 pounds won the dropping to 10.  I think there were 50 boats.   Sunday I fished Kent.  I had been there a few times and the water there is dirtier that normal this time of year.   The weeds seemed to be a lot thicker this year.  No sign of spraying of harvesting yet.  15 pounds won with 14 second then it dropped to 13 .  I think there were 65 boats.   You could find cleaner water and the bass were chasing bluegills.

Looking forward to 5 days in Alpena to fish clear water. 

Not looking forward to fishing dirty chemical treated lakes this summer.

Hollada

Good luck up north. I may see ya next Tuesday morning.
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

djkimmel

Good luck with that! I fished little Round Lake yesterday and sure enough, saw the sign that they had just treated the lake on Wednesday. Going to be whole different lake next time I head out there. Already the algae had expanded a great deal! Wish they wouldn't bomb lakes so extremely!

Lobdell is a good example of a lake that gets turned into a mud puddle every year now...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fiker

Thompson and North have both been bombed too
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

djkimmel

Yes... bombed lakes and churned up waters - the common item of this year's spring bass fishing season!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.