Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:14:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Ramp Questions??

Started by Rangerman, May 24, 2017, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Oh no... I've thought more than once about getting boat ramp domains and putting in webcams that people could watch from the comfort of their arm chair... people would probably watch for hours!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

It would be funnier than Jackie Gleason :) :) I'll see it I can get you proper boat launch we did back for Local Championship Fishing TV Show in Lake Norman Area. If I can get it from my buddy Dave Johnson the producer I'll send you a copy.  Me and a friend used to fish Wylie a local SC lake on Sunday before I retired. We would load the boat NLT 11am and the head coming up.  Take out the Pro Poles and put in the sit down seat, back the boat in the shade and watch em while sipping on a cold beer.  Some of the funniest stuff I saw, Pulling in waiting line 20-30 minutes then  back down the ramp and then start loading the boat, Lake Saint Clair style :) They guys would back across all three ramps to unload and load. Yep I've seen it in most of the states I have fished.  I do think LSC is about the worst, the pleasure boaters have no concept of what a get ready lane is for or try down lane. Same here somewhat in NC.  Most of the locals will "Splain" to them in a nice way one time :) :)  What makes it hard for an out of state fisherman like me never dealt with Green and Red poles for loading and unloading. Sure I under it now. Still think it makes things worst.

Any how live and learn, best lesson is to check with local bassers or fishermen in "Get Ready Area" or Local Tackle Shops for any odd boating custom's. Y'all got an open invite to come do down South when your lakes freeze over and get hard.  All DNR ramps in NC and SC are free 24/7 and 365. Large get ready area and used. Good wide ramps with curb sides so you don't drop off the sides and you can power load without blowing a hole at the end of the ramps.  We are way the H behind in having nice rest rooms at the landing, NC has about none and if lucky there may be a Porta Jon on the hill that is no more than two weeks old :) :)  Sure nuff Y'all load up an come on down fishing this winter, fishing is a lot better here locally once the big cruiser's and White Boats leave the lake or parked in the marina's.

NO 10 cent tax on drink and bottles either, and NC honors MI Concealed Carry. Brink you own Solo Cups :)

djkimmel

I've been there and liked what I saw. Just haven't made it back fishing. ...yet!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

Well y'all just load up and come on down in Jan or Feb the fish is better than time of year. Besides it's all down hill coming :) Ramps Free, power loading is expected to cut down time on the ramp. We do hope you will catch and release, but not required :) I'll be you local tour guide the race shop's, best price fishing motels and eat's.  Easy drive, I-75 to I-80 to I-77 not a stop light from Detroit to Lake Norman exit 36 off I-77 :) Have you 16 quarters, 16 ones, 2 fives and 2 tens for the tolls. No tolls in NC yet. We got one coming on I-77 and it cost the  governor the election.  :)

djkimmel