Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:52:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Bass Pro Shops in Rossford Ohio

Started by Bass Pro Shop Doug, March 21, 2008, 04:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bass Pro Shop Doug

All,

It's official now, I'm the Promotions Manager for both Rossford, Ohio and Auburn Hills, Michigan. New title, Market Manager!

Rossford is looking real good and is progressing as scheduled. Our projected Grand Opening is June 19th, this can change later by either backing the date up or moving it forward. The building is about 20,000 or 30,000 more square foot than the Michigan store but it seems even bigger than that, possibly because its a stand alone and we're part of a Mall.

I'll post the events once we have them finalized. In that post you'll see the pro's and sports celeb's

I'm looking forward to all the new faces and some of the familiar ones.

Seeing that Dan turned into a Rock Star at the Auburn Hills store a few weeks ago maybe he'll honor the Rossford store with his wisdom.

Doug Phillips
Market Manager
Bass Pro Shops
"Try not to become a man of success
but rather try to become
a man of value."

"Winning doesn't always mean being first.
Winning means you're doing better
than you've ever done before."

dashaver63

One of the Toledo news channels showed them working inside the store. I think there is supposed to be a job fair next month to start their hiring process.

Skip Johnson

30.000 more sq ft wow thats huge, auburn hills is already impressive in size and I imagine working there your walking several miles a day, what a workout.

congrats on the new store Doug.
Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

He walked several miles just looking for me. ;D I decided to do my shopping late and they were closing as I raced through the store trying to find just    3   more     things....

I left my rods and baggage in Doug's office and he probably wanted to go home after a long, busy day. Here he comes to the opposite end of the store because I'm the last customer of the day!! That's my story so often. Try grabbing lures off the shelf as you are half-trotting down lane after lane looking for specific things...

You know, maybe that should be an off season sport for us frozen in North? High speed bargain tackle shopping. Maybe make it a contact sport :)

Where is Rossford? Toledo suburb?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Yes Dan, follow I-75 through Toledo, it's on the south side of Toledo, about maybe 10 miles or across the state line. Can't wait!

djkimmel

Make sure the extra acreage is all BASS TACKLE!!!! Can never have enough bass tackle to shop through ;D !!! :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bass Pro Shop Doug

Hey Skip,

Give me a call when you get a chance, I found some Skeeter Shirts that.....um........sorta.......um shrunk in the closet, yeah that's what happened, they shrunk in the closet. Don't know if you want them, if you do they're yours. Let me know and I'll get them to the Dry Cleaners.

Doug
but rather try to become
a man of value."

Bass Pro Shop Doug

Dan,

It was real nice seeing you at the store a couple weeks ago, I sure miss the good ole days. I think my first memory of you was at a campground near the mouth of the river on Saginaw Bay way back in, maybe 1989 the days of Doug Antees??? I remember being real shy and thinking it was soooo cooool to listen to these big time bass anglers on all the new ways to catch fish. Larry D., Mike ? (The old secretarty or treasurer), I think Jim Kolizar was there, Gary Del? and Rambo. I forget who else was at that campground and I really don't remember who had the site and who was visiting, what I do remember was the fun that we had.

Doug
but rather try to become
a man of value."

Skip Johnson

Funny how those darn shirts shrink over time  :D if they havent shrunk smaller than an extra large I will take em if you dont want them.
Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

Quote from: Bass Pro Shop Doug on March 24, 2008, 06:54:30 PM
Dan,

It was real nice seeing you at the store a couple weeks ago, I sure miss the good ole days. I think my first memory of you was at a campground near the mouth of the river on Saginaw Bay way back in, maybe 1989 the days of Doug Antees??? I remember being real shy and thinking it was soooo cooool to listen to these big time bass anglers on all the new ways to catch fish. Larry D., Mike ? (The old secretarty or treasurer), I think Jim Kolizar was there, Gary Del? and Rambo. I forget who else was at that campground and I really don't remember who had the site and who was visiting, what I do remember was the fun that we had.

Doug

Congrats on the new responsibility Doug!! I'm sure you'll nail it!!

Man, that seems like a looonnngggg time ago. Didn't you have a tent with a TV in the 'front room' up at Charlevoix about that time? I remember talking to Bernadette because someone came up to me asking for someone I didn't know and there seemed like a zillion guys in your tent so I figured whomever HAD to be in there... nope.

I don't remember who the missing stranger was, but I remember the tent.

I haven't seen some of the guys in a while. I did talk briefly to Jim Koleszar at the Novi show - first time in many years. Unfortunately, he still remembers the small keeper bass I lost at the end of the last day of the Northern Div almost 20 years ago that cost him a berth in the Bassmasters Classic. I had totally forgot... but he didn't. Oh well. ;D

I haven't seen Rambo in a couple years. Several years for Gary Del. (I just call him Gary Demarmalade :o ) I usually see some of the 'old-timers' at shows and remote campgrounds. :)

joshimoto son

Congratulations Doug!
I could tell the last couple of times I ran into you that you needed another challenge...LOL

Sounds like good things all around. I'm very happy for you.

Josh

rustydog

Congrats Doug! I don't see how you are going to have time to revive the GNT.

Bass Pro Shop Doug

Thanks all!

Jerry, what do mean.....isn't there 24 hours in a day???
Quote from: rustydog  Congrats Doug! I don't see how you are going to have time to revive the GNT.

Doug
but rather try to become
a man of value."

bigjc

Aaahhhh Man,  why couldn't you guys build one a few miles this side of Toledo, then it would have been closer to me than Auburn Hills!!!!  Oh well, guess I will have to check out the new store any way.

JC

Pkleppert

Doug,

Glad to hear things are going well for you. Be Good.

PK

Bass Pro Shop Doug

Thanks Pat K!
I always thought you had a great job, you had the opportunity to stay in the fishing industry after the tournament world. We really have it made, we get to talk fishing all the time and we get to meet great people while doing something that we love.

Everyone Else,

Bass Pro Shops Rossford, Ohio Job Fair April 7, 8 & 9

10020 S. Compass Drive
Rossford, Ohio  43460
Gold Medal Phone Number 419-874-9800

Doug
but rather try to become
a man of value."