Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2017 East MadWags Memorial Lake St. Clair May 20 Results

Started by djkimmel, May 20, 2017, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

22-12 wins 2017 MadWags Memorial LSC for markgoetsch and Mcfish

Mcfish teamed up with boater markgoetsch to sack 5 Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass weighing 22 pounds 12 ounces to win the 2017 MadWags Memorial Members' Tournament on Saturday, May 20. The team also caught big bass of the event with a 5-4 smallie! They won $48.00 for 1st place, $28.00 for big bass, 2 - $25 gift certificates from 2K Jigs, an assortment of lures and a book from Wayne Carpenter, Xtreme Bass Tackle and a couple other items including E.A.R.S. Sun Gear.

FrickerDude broke out of his Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass jinx in a big way while fishing with Mojo to take 2nd place with their best 5 bass weighing 22-7! They won $28.00 cash, 2-$25 gift certificates from 2K Jigs, lures from Xtreme Bass Tackle and a few other items.

3rd place went to the team of CMack and SethV with their biggest 5 bass weighing 21-9! They won a whopping $20.00 for 3rd and other items including Xtreme Bass Tackle lures.

2nd Big Bass went to the 7th place team of VinceR and Fishmike with their 4-12 smallie. They won $10.00 for 2nd big bass. 4 teams landed over 20 pounds of bass despite very windy conditions. 8 out of the 9 teams managed to catch at least a limit. The coveted big ugly award went to Team houston for a little 1.5 pounds White Bass. He was the only angler to actually bring in a big ugly fish to weigh. He won a really light, nice heavy action rod donated by rod-builder bob o!

For food at the weigh-in this time we had Carlo's Pizza deliver a couple pizzas, and various members brought drinks for everyone. A particular thanks to Mojo for bringing a bunch of drinks, plates and various eating utensils and napkins! Everyone had plenty to eat helping the weigh-in go well!

SPONSORS:
Please always remember to give the companies who make GreatLakesBass.com possible a chance to earn your business! I could not keep the website going without them! The following companies get extra credit for donating the prizes given out at this event: Kustom Kicker (2K) Jigs and Xtreme Bass Tackle, while bob o donated the really nice bass rod! I hope you will take the time to please thank them. Though they are not a sponsor, E.A.R.S. Sun Gear donated an assortment of their cap clip-on ear protectors.

BOATERSNONBOATERS# BassTotal WeightBig BassPlace
markgoetschMcfish522-125-41 1
FrickerDudeMojo522-7 4-10 2
CMackSethV521-9 4-9 3
bob odjkimmel520-124-8 4
Revtrobigjc519-124-10 5
21XDCdetroit1516-7 4-6 6
VinceRFishmike516-4 4-122 7
triton22YpsiBass, Team houston511-8 4-0 3 8
TritonbasserCPG852:):):) 9

1 Big Bass winner 5-4 smallmouth bass
2 2nd Big Bass 4-12 smallmouth bass
3 Big Ugly winner 1-8 white bass

The 2017 Spring East MadWags Memorial Members' Tournament Anglers

(Click on the picture to go to the photo gallery if you want to see a larger version.)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

Great time had by all... Great people!!!  Thanks to everyone that stayed afterwards and spent time sharing stories.

Good Pic Dan...  :)
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Mojo

Maybe the best part of this paper TX was getting to take a picture and releasing the fish, in May not June, and watching them swim right back onto their nest. Being careful not to stress them and leave em alone felt great. Dan - Thanks for the Open Season. Here some of the boys we caught

Now the bad news. Woke with a headache and glassy constricted iris'. And needed a long nap today cause I was woozy. . Back to the neck brace I guess
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Thanks for the pictures Mojo! I guess because we were being pushed so much by the wind and already having taken the time to measure the bass we just wanted to get them back in the water without remembering a picture! Whoops. Well, there will be more chances hopefully for pictures.

Meanwhile, I hope you are over your issues again soon. Fishing should be fun not painful! Take it easy.

If any of you other participants took some pictures PLEASE share them. You can send them to me too if you prefer and I will share them. Just email them to support 'at' greatlakesbass 'dot' com remembering to tell me who, what, where, when, etc., also.

Hope everyone else is feeling good today and still feeling like they spent a nice day on the water!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

I texted you a pic of my "Big one" LOL... 4lbs 8oz  :-\'
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

djkimmel

I got it! Here it is - says 4-6 on your weigh-in sheet but either way... another nice Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass you caught 21XDC!

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

dartag

Great looking fish.  I give you all the Iron Man Award.   We were at a party in the afternoon and there were chairs and umbrellas blowing over.   Looks like the water was smooth in the bays.  Must have been a bumpy ride across.   See ya next year.

Mcfish

I had a great time.  It was good to meet some fellow members and learn more about catching smallies.   

I'm still laughing about Mark telling me to cast to a spot and him hooking the fish just as he finished the sentence.  "Oops, never mind"   ;D

FrickerDude

Thanks again Dan for putting on a great event!  Finally my 3rd MadWags event and I have broke my jinx of not catching a St Clair smallie!  It was nice seeing some familiar faces and some new ones.  Mojo told me the day before we were going to catch fish and that was definitely the truth.  It was a blast learning how to bed fish and seeing the results.  It was a rough ride in the morning but turned out to be an epic day.  Thanks Mike for the St Clair lesson!
FrickerDude

detroit1

This was my first Mad Wags event, and I loved it. Thanks Dan for your tireless work for our favorite hobby/sport/passion ...fishing in Michigan. A special thanks to Mike for inviting me to be his teammate, i probabally would never sign up on my own. It was good to see and meet you all. I'm in as a non - boater next year......
WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

djkimmel

Here's a couple more nice fish pictures from the winning team of boater markgoetsch and non-boater Mcfish!

Mcfish shows one of his nice smallmouth bass from Lake St. Clair caught during the 2017 spring East MadWags Memorial Members' Tournament!

And here is boater markgoetsch with one of his nice Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass, part of their 2017 MagWags Memorial winning sack of bass!