Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:15:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Speaking of gas prices

Started by TritonTR20, March 19, 2008, 09:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TritonTR20

I'm buying locking gas caps for the truck and boat! At the hotel at Cadillac/ Mitchell we had a full tank syphoned out of the truck. At these prices I don't want that to happen again!

PIGSMALLIE

That is ridiculous that someone would stoop that low to do something like that..If I ever saw anyone doing that,I would probably beat the crud out of them even if it wasn't mine.That is just riiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmills4124

Lost about 10 gallons last june from the boat just after we brought it home. Got a locking gas cap and had it on since then. $1.65 a gallon was enough for somebody to steal back then, Now Who Knows. We now have it locked in a garage. What kind of upbringing instills in people that if they want something they just go take it from anyone who has it? Rather than work hard and save till you can afford it like my parents and grandparents taught me.
Later
don and kim m

dashaver63

If someone try's to steal gas out of my boat, they're in for a rude awakening, I have to premix the 2 cycle oil in the tank.

motocross269

Where can you get locking gas caps for boats??? Are they standard??

TritonTR20

A cap for my F250 is about $20. Am going to have to take the cap off the boat and try and match it up at the parts store for the boat. I boat holds 42gal and the truck has 28 gal. Between the two its a small fortune anymore, well worth the $40 of insurance.

Bloomer

who does sell locking caps for truck/boat? have 50 in the boat and 25 in the truck, never had any stolen, But the discussion has me worried that it may happen with gas only going up....

dmills4124

I got my locking gas cap at "Vic's Sports Center" in Brimfield, Ohio. They had to order mine but I have a 1977 Terry bass boat. I got the gas cap last june for $12.00. They now have most models in stock stock and they do ship dailey. Closed sun and wed. 330 673 7600. Hope this helps anyones needs. By the way BPS ,Cabeleas or Gander didn't have them. Don't know about now.
later
don m

Dan

I decided I would take the good advice here, but couldn't find a locking cap. Solved the problem with super glue. Since then I have saved a bunch of money.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Dan with your gas cap super glued you may want to think about investing in the Mast and Sails I am going to be selling this summer..
Either that or larger batteries ;D

WayneC

As time marches on, things really do come back into fashion.  I still remember the late 70's when a locking gas cap was a must.  Didn't totally get rid of them until the early 90's because the wife insisted.  It all came to an end when she took my car to the gas station one day and called, furious that she couldn't figure out how to unlock the cap (that was a very good day).  It was nice while it lasted...

djkimmel

Back then, one gas cap key often opened many other gas caps... ??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

WayneC

If the key were the issue, it would have...