Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

in hospital - prayer request

Started by SethV, March 16, 2008, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SethV

Hey guy.  i would appriciate your prayers.  last night i went to the ER with side pain.  went into surgery at 4 am.  appendix is now gone.  i hope to get outa here mon or tues.

sv

dashaver63

Prayers are with you. Hope you fell better soon!

Doug

Langer

Hope you feel better. Did they make you drink that nasty tasting stuff before the x-ray, makes your toungue and throat go numb?
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

LAPORTE

Man Seth, I know we were laughing about the crooked eyes on the swim baits we made.  But surely I didn't think it would put you in the hospital...  ;) Get well soon the water will be open before long.

Don
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

djkimmel

Been there. When it happens, it happens fast. Good luck getting the plumbing working again so you can go home!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dmills4124

AH Grasshopper....What have we learned from this? 
Grandmother said when they took hers out they were full of fingernails, Was yours?
  Did they put them in a bottle for you? What kind of new crooked eyed baits are you guys working on? Is this something we should know about...or be trying?
So much for my attempt at jokes. I know, keep my day job. Right?
No question about it Prayers do help with healing and you have ours. Get well soon.
don and kim m
Ps; This is the strangest distraction from cabin fever I ever heard of.

motocross269

Prayers sent Seth....Hope to hear you are home and all is well soon.

fiker

I pray for your speedy recovery.
I give thanks that the Dr.'s were able to diagnose and "fix" the problem. 

DK open is a lonngggg way off.  You'll be ready by then I'm sure.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Seth, glad to hear you're ok.  That must have been a scare before the doctors telling you what it was.  Am praying for you at this moment.  Get well soon.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

Hi Seth,
Feeling better today?  Been thinkin' about ya this morning.  Hope you're doing better.  Maybe since you're stuck around the house, it would be a good time to start spooling up your reels and changing your hooks.   ;D ;D ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

SethV

Thanks guys!  I was released from the hospital at 3 PM today.  Feels nice to be out of there for sure.  Docs did a great job, and I am sure the prayers helped.  The doc said I made him work extra hard, my appendix was not where it was "supposed" to be.

Recovery is going well - I am sure I will be ready as soon as the water is liquid!  Just in case I am not well, ReelMan has already offered to take care of my new boat for me.  What a guy!   :D

REEL_MAN

I don't think seth has looked in the empty garage ;D  I want to thank one and all for the prayers, you can't imagine how much it means and ment to know so many care. thanks again

God Bless

REEL MAN

VinceR

Glad to hear everything went well. Wishing you a speedy, and "complete" recovery. Don't rush it.

Eric

Now that all is well, you can look at the bright side.  The boat will go faster now that you don't have that extra weight.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Revtro

If you need any other help "looking after the new boat", I'll be happy to make the sacrifice to help you out.  What are friends for?  Glad you're home and on the mend.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

karol

hey seth, does this mean you can't wear your speedo's when you swim now? you know , with the scar and all :D cause what will people say..hee.hee..glad to hear your doing better, now you won't be able to lift anything over 5lbs so this will limit the size of your fish won't it?NOTT! just kidding ..karol

Revtro

No offense Seth, but excuse me while I go gouge out my mind's eye now.  Yikes.  A speedo?  Nightmares ensuing.   :'(
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Glad you're home and okay. I had mine out during tournament season so many moons ago and the doctor actually said I was limited to no driving and bass below 5 pounds (he had already tried to walk off with all my outdoor mags from my room)!

I was not allowed to keep mine in a jar. It went into the hospital collection for teaching future generations of outdoor magazine-swiping doctors and old, ornery don't-want-a-sponge-bath-from nurses.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

;D ;D

Since I end up ending alot of threads, why stop now ....

The Un-Associated Press reported in a news bulletin today that a pregnant woman who has been in a coma for nine months following an automobile accident has given birth to twins, a baby girl and a baby boy. Awakening from her coma and learning that she had given birth to twins, she asked if names had already been given to them.

"Yes," her doctor informed her, "because we didn't know if you would ever come out of the coma, your brother Henry gave them their names."

"Oh dear God," the woman moaned, "my brother, Henry, is the family idiot. What in the world did he name them?"

"He named the baby girl Denise," answered the physician.

"Well, that's not so bad," the woman replied. "What did he name the baby boy?" The physician responded regretfully, "DeNephew."

Anyway Seth - Please get better so I dont have to expose these fellow tight liners to this !!!!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

SODY

Standing with you for a complete healing hope your Easter weekend is great!