Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:34:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2017 East MadWags LSC May 6 CANCELED see new post

Started by djkimmel, April 22, 2017, 06:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceR

I don't normally do this, but this year I will have a non-boater already joining me. SgtMike (Mike Seibly) will be fishing with me.

djkimmel

Quote from: VinceR on April 30, 2017, 02:39:41 PM
I don't normally do this, but this year I will have a non-boater already joining me. SgtMike (Mike Seibly) will be fishing with me.

Not a problem. I'll update the list.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LAPORTE

Dan, I will be a last minute guy... I lost all my electrical this last weekend up north. Im working with Skeeter to get me back up and running. No bilge pumps, graphs or anything else that needs power ... and yes I have the keys...

Don L   
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

spinnerbation

Dan I regret to say SteveR and I can no longer make it due to work schedule conflict we hadn't counted on that I found out about this morning. Good Luck everyone, be safe and have fun!

SethV

Cmack and I will be there fishing together.  Charlie as boater me as boatless bank trash.

Sure wish it would warm up a bit.  We are going to be there way before the stuff gets good.

Jay-MadWags

As of now I don't have a trolling motor. I hope I don't have to cancel at the last minute. The weather looks horrible all week and the wind is going to blow. Clair might be a muddy mess by Saturday. 😩
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

djkimmel

Quote from: LAPORTE on May 01, 2017, 04:43:10 AM
Dan, I will be a last minute guy... I lost all my electrical this last weekend up north. Im working with Skeeter to get me back up and running. No bilge pumps, graphs or anything else that needs power ... and yes I have the keys...

Don L   

Well... let me know. You can always come as a non-boater if you can't get the boat working in time. We'll have enough boaters if no one else cancels.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: spinnerbation on May 01, 2017, 09:06:56 AM
Dan I regret to say SteveR and I can no longer make it due to work schedule conflict we hadn't counted on that I found out about this morning. Good Luck everyone, be safe and have fun!

Sorry to hear. Took both of you off the list.

djkimmel

Quote from: SethV on May 01, 2017, 10:30:07 AM
Cmack and I will be there fishing together.  Charlie as boater me as boatless bank trash.

Sure wish it would warm up a bit.  We are going to be there way before the stuff gets good.

C'mon - you aren't boatless boat trash! Glad to have you join us. The bass are starting to bite. It might be better than we expect! I have my fingers crossed! Maybe if we all do that??

djkimmel

Quote from: Jay-MadWags on May 01, 2017, 07:24:50 PM
As of now I don't have a trolling motor. I hope I don't have to cancel at the last minute. The weather looks horrible all week and the wind is going to blow. Clair might be a muddy mess by Saturday. 😩

I still have you on the list with a question mark? If you don't make it does that mean Tdroulliard won't be coming either?

As far as the weather... that's Michigan for you but the bass gotta do what they gotta do. They'll be biting in some places, and hopefully all of us will find some! Cross your fingers that the rain misses us as it has in other years.

dartag

The canals are full of Largemouth.  I will have a flipping stick ready to go.   

djkimmel

Good plan! Always a good idea to have a Plan A, Plan B, maybe Plan C, even Plan D! :)

dartag

I know it's only Tuesday but looks like we may need Plan X 

.SATURDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS.
MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on May 02, 2017, 05:59:00 AM
I know it's only Tuesday but looks like we may need Plan X 

.SATURDAY...NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS WITH GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS.
MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

? Other weather sources are saying only a 20% chance of rain, more likely in the evening. If the wind is more out of the west the Mile Roads might be okay. I'm hoping it ends up as westerly as possible. If they issue small craft advisories that will definitely be a problem.

djkimmel

Quote from: TCook on May 02, 2017, 10:43:36 AM
ANy chance to push this back a week?

Right now, Saturday, May 13 is calling for rain and ENE wind. It could be worse conditions if the wind increases. Not sure how much things are going to improve, and the weather could be worse. I know there were issues with both weekends for people being able to make it or not make it.

At this point, I would probably call the event off if the weather this Saturday gets too unsafe. If the vast majority of the participants want to switch to Saturday, May 13 despite the weather forecast I would consider it, though I know I will lose some people.

TCook

If the winds are westerly the roads will be fishable. I see the issue being the weather leading up to the dk open. At this point I'm sure the lake is very muddy and the winds and rivers will Likley keep it that way.
FISH HARD!!!

Team houston

I can do either day. Lets wait till at least Thursday or Fri to get a clearer picture. Worst case scenario we have a pizza party and raid Mikes homemade lures. :D :D :D

TCook

I'm out Thursday and Thursday night is going to destroy the lake. 20-30 mph NE winds and 2 inches of rain. This is the most frustrating spring that I can remember. This will be the 4th trip to st Clair that I have cancelled on. Hopefully the forecast improves for you guys.
FISH HARD!!!

dartag

Looks like the next week is windy every day.  The fish will be there to spawn the full moon is next week..  They don't care if it is windy.  At least they won't get beat up this year.  Waiting until Thursday is a good idea.   We could always do an inland lake.