Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake St. Clair

Started by Firefighter Jeff, April 10, 2017, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: dartag on April 16, 2017, 10:38:15 AM
Every time I launched last year I would trolling motor out about 100 yards.   Saw quite a few guys get stuck in the GOO.   Sure hope they clean it up.  Makes it so much easier to fish where I like to fish the mile roads.   

I agree, for being such a big lake it really doesn't have a lot of convenient  launches one can use.  What is it like 7 miles from Crocker to 9 mile.  That's a long ways when it's windy.  Then to have a launch nearly unusable doesn't help. I purchase the out of state, State Park/DNR pass for my truck.  Get's me in a few launches.  But I couldn't even tell you where the next launch south of Crocker is that I can use that pass.

motocross269

Just sitting here thinking...I think everything down to Sterling is either a metro, county or city park..That's alot of water to cover without a DNR launch..

dartag

Boles Harbor in Erie is probably the closest launch.   9 mile is not bad just the long walk after you park.  Hopefully they will clean Crocker out. 

thedude

i think the dumbest thing ever is the blossom and 11 mile ramps not open to the public before memorial day. They pay some dude to sit in that booth all day so 2 boats can use them when they could at least cover their costs with letting early fisherman pay the 10$ fee.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: dartag on April 17, 2017, 10:31:20 AM
Boles Harbor in Erie is probably the closest launch.   9 mile is not bad just the long walk after you park.  Hopefully they will clean Crocker out. 

Well, the walk and isn't it like $15 to launch there now ???

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: thedude on April 17, 2017, 01:52:23 PM
i think the dumbest thing ever is the blossom and 11 mile ramps not open to the public before memorial day. They pay some dude to sit in that booth all day so 2 boats can use them when they could at least cover their costs with letting early fisherman pay the 10$ fee.

I agree Justin.  I got there last year before the booth person showed up.  Think it was Blossom.  First time I paid after pulling out they said nothing.  Next time different person and they told me I couldn't launch there.

thedude

we luanched at blossom last year because the guy wasn't at 9 mile to let anyone in. She reluctantly let us. Just seems really stupid to see an empty parking lot at 11 mile (where i always preferred to launch) when there's 10 or 15 bass boats with 10$ bills hanging out the window ready to go and being turned away.

I get it once the pleasure boaters hit the lake, its probably busy with residents, but not in april and may.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Gwlloydbass

I was out there Good Friday, caught 5 running about 22.5lbs. Shallow was muddy.

48 degrees

djkimmel

I've heard that some anglers are starting to pick up a few. Should get better soon.

As far as boat ramps, we keep pushing on the Belle Isle idea though even if it happens it will be a few years.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Team houston

The 5 best or you only caught 5 ?

Jay-MadWags

Launched at Harley ran to mile roads and finished the day in Anchor Bay. 12 smallmouth, best five went 19.75 pounds. 8 fow as shallow at 4 fow.  Water was stained to dirty.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Jefferson

We ran up and down the beacon cove marina north side sea wall today from 10:30-8:00. All largemouth. Best 5 went 18lbs. Me and my buddy each got 22. A little over 91lbs total. White chatterbairs with shad trailers. Tails were sticking out of their throats and they were still eating. Females had fat bellies.

Hollada

Jay - how was anchor bay?  Muddy?
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Jay-MadWags on April 23, 2017, 09:16:13 PM
Launched at Harley ran to mile roads and finished the day in Anchor Bay. 12 smallmouth, best five went 19.75 pounds. 8 fow as shallow at 4 fow.  Water was stained to dirty.

Jason,  Glad to see you caught some fish.  Man, when is it going to break out ???  Heading up in the morning.

Jay-MadWags

Anchor Bay was chocolate milk. Still managed to catch 3 fish there. Jeff I would recommend not wasting time in Anchor Bay due to water clarity.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Ryan

Does anyone have a good link to the LSC weather buoy information?  No matter where I look, I can't find any useful information or marine forecasts.  There used to be a couple of American and Canadian buoys that were pretty helpful, but now I can't seem to find them.

Thanks.

dartag

Anyone been to Muskamoot or Fisher bay yet.    With all the road construction I am not looking forward to going over there this year. 

Waterfoul

Anyone want to take me fishing Friday the 5th?  I have many hours to kill in Detroit that day. 

With my boat motor being down I haven't even caught a fish in Michigan yet this year.  Someone show some pitty!  Please!  LOL!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Quote from: Ryan on April 25, 2017, 09:48:41 PM
Does anyone have a good link to the LSC weather buoy information?  No matter where I look, I can't find any useful information or marine forecasts.  There used to be a couple of American and Canadian buoys that were pretty helpful, but now I can't seem to find them.

Thanks.

All the links you could ever want in one place!! www.greatlakesbass.com/weather/

Before you go there though - the St. Clair Light station hasn't been on for several years apparently. It is supposed to be restarted at some point in the future under 'new management' - don't know when.

The very helpful Canadian Weather Buoy probably won't be deployed until sometime in May considering the schedule last year (though I never saw it on, it was supposedly on from sometime in May until sometime in October).

The only weather station working right now on Lake St. Clair is the St. Clair Shores station. There is a link to that one too on the page above. If I remember right, this 'station' is at the U.S. Coast Guard station around 10 Mile Road.

My weather page also has links to all the marine weather forecasts, plus a lot more.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Ryan

Thanks Dan!  I guess that explains why I couldn't see the buoy information yet, the aren't in the water!  I will have to check back periodically to see when they turn on.

Your weather link was very helpful, once again, GreatLakesBass.com comes through in the clutch!