Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:00:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

boat insurance

Started by rudycard72, February 14, 2006, 12:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudycard72

I was wondering what most of the tournament anglers have for insurance coverage on your boats, liaibility and medical dollar amounts , i plan on fishing bfl's this year and want to make sure im covered properly. Thanks for any help.

Revtro

I have been with State Farm for the past few years.? This past week my wife did some research and found a policy with Progressive that was slightly more than half of what we were paying with State Farm.? I can't recall every coverage detail at the moment, but the coverages from both are essentially identical.? So we're maiking the switch to Progressive.? They're worth a look.?

Note: After this initial post, I'm getting a quote from Angler's Advantage.  So I may end up going with them.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

robtheboatman

The company I recommend to my customers is Worldwide Marine.  They are out of Lansing, and only do marine insurance.  They are by far the most knowledgeable insurance people I have worked with.  The owners name is Bob Luellen, and he is a fisherman himself.  His staff has several different options for you to choose from, and they make sure you understand them all.  They are also priced right.  Their phone # is 800-339-1235. 

Rob

McCarter

I use Anglers Advantage.  They take good care of me.  Plus, they sent me a check for $100 for getting Big Bass in an ABA tournament.  So that brought my insurance expenses down to less than $200 for the year.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

McCarter

All i know is i am covered to the hilt.  I think if my boat cracks in half and kills a 3 toed sloth, someone is getting a check for their losses. 

I have my equipment insured for 8000.  That covers my rods, reels, tackle, sonars, gps, and trolling motor if anything gets stolen or if it sinks, burns, blows away, or crumbles into small dust particles.

And, this might not be right, but i think i am covered underl injury for 100,000 and accidental death for 1,000,000.  I will have to check. 

Revtro

Hey PB, does Angler's Advantage only cover ABA members?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

No, they cover anyone.  But they are a sponsor of the ABA.  And if you are an ABA member, you get a 20% discount.

Revtro

Wow, 20% is a substantial savings.  I'll have to check into them before I sign my paperwork for Progressive.  Thanks.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

stackenem

So far I have gotten a quote from progressive at $438.00 pre year and Anglers Advantage at $317.oo per year on a 2006 stratos for max coverage. Haven't checked with Rob's guy yet.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Revtro

Angler's Advantage is working up a quote for me.  Anyone ever have to make a claim through them?  How did it go?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

I made a claim with them when i blew my lower unit.  They took very very good care of me and never even raised my rates.  they are sweet.  If you get a good rate and you want to sign up with them, ask for Russ and tell him I sent you.  Maybe he will send you out some goodies or give you a discount.

He is a cool guy.

Revtro

That's great to hear.  I'm eagerly awaiting their call back.  They are quoting me for $100,000 liability.  They also told me that anything mounted on the boat is covered under the actual boat coverage, which includes the GPS etc.  So I'm getting a quote for $2000 for all the other stuff on board.  We'll see how it goes.  I'll let you all know what I find out.

What kind of goodies might Russ send me? 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

Might be an Anglers Advantage hat, might be a box of Cubans.  You never know with Russ.

Revtro

He works in claims right?  I just got off the phone with them.  I asked for Russ and she's gonna let him know I called.  So far their quote is a little higher than Progressive.  So I'm going to look over the fax and get back to them and compare coverage to see what the differences are.  Thanks for the heads up about them.  I'm hoping they can come in a little cheaper.  We'll see.  I'll post the final results once I have them in hand.  Hope it helps guys who are looking.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Revtro

After talking again with Progressive we realized they quoted us wrong.  They had the wrong horsepower listed.  So when both quotes came back with the right info, Angler's Advantage came in $50 less for my '03 Basscat w/200EFI for pretty much the exact same coverage.  Thanks for the advice Poorboy, I'm glad you told me about Angler's Advantage!!
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

My pleasure Tom.

stackenem

you guys need to check the man that Robtheboat put on here He gave me the low down and one heck of a price on everything to do with my new boat.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

stackenem

Sorry that suppose to be Robtheboatman not Robthe boat