Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:42:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

ABA Dist 68 (Central IL)

Started by Yeagley21, February 18, 2008, 04:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeagley21

Hey everyone, I am new to this site and wanted to say Hi.  I fish the ABA American Fishing Tour's District 68 which is in Central Illionis.  If anybody is interested in the district let me know.  If you already fish it, see you next weekend on Newton. 
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

djkimmel

Thanks for signing up. We have a few of your fellow Illini on the forum. We need some Illinois fishing reports and news this year. Maybe you can provide a little?

Welcome!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Yeagley21

I will help out where I can.  I have a tournament at Newton on Saturday and will post a report after that.
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

djkimmel

Amazing! We're frozen solid... some of us under a metric ton of the white stuff... and you have a tournament Saturday!!! :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

Does water freeze at a different temp down there?  ;D Looks awful cold to me ;D

josh617

Newton's a power generating (hot pond) lake so it never freezes, i have never fished it but i guess the warm water keeps the air a little warmer as well.

JCOOPER

When I lived in STL, I fished a couple of the hot lakes in southern IL.  It was amazing.  The air temp would raise about 20 degrees once on the water.
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

Bloomer

hard to believe, look outside and see 15" of ice on my lake and you have a tourny saturday, Have to say i am more than a little jealous.

Yeagley21

Power Plant lakes are awsome when it comes to the winter blues, that is if you can handle the cold.  I have fished in sleet, snow and temps in the low teens, but the fishing is usually HOTTTT!!  This weekend is going to cold, very cold but should be fun.  The lakes growing season is longer for the area so there are some real hogs there.  The tournament is a 3 fish at 18inches.  I will normaly take 13-15 pounds to walk away with any money.  Fun times
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

djkimmel

Son of a ... ;D I knew I had heard of that lake. It's been written up in a magazine or two, and featured on a show or two. Well, have fun. If I could fish that much, I'd probably be divorced, so it is better I have a 'forced' slow season. :o

josh617

Got any results from Newton? Any Pics?

Yeagley21

Today the fishing was tough, but I was fishing so that was good.  It was in the 20's at launch and got up to about 32ish.  The bite was real tough today.  There were twenty brave soles that drove icey roads and toughed out the cold.  A awsome turnout to say the least.  I was predicting 15 pounds would win it today but I was way off.  Out of 20 there were 5 zeros and only one limit of 3 fish for a little over 12 pounds.  I ended up 9th or 10th with one fish that pushed the scales a little over 3 pounds.  Like I said the bite was tough.  If you are ever wanting more info on District 68 the director has a District website www.bassbumfishingtourney.com that he usually has update in about a day after each tounament.  There will be pictures posted and a more detailed write up.  As a fishing report goes from me...there are a bunch of big fish in that lake somewhere????  Tight Lines
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

Yeagley21

Hint......

Make sure you proof-read what you type before you submit it.  There were 10 zeros today not 5.  Sorry about that, I am still frozen :)
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

djkimmel

Well... I thawed a little reading about someone fishing anyway... :)

Yeagley21

Coffeen Tournament 2 Mar 08

Here is a copy of the Director's report. 

Lake   >> Coffeen , Illinois
Weather and Water Conditions day of the tournament: Winds were 13 mph in the morning and up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Water clarity was about 2' in some areas. Murky on the windy banks. Water temps were 54 at the ramp and up to 73 in the warm arm. Air temps were 40 at daybreak and up to 70 degrees late in the day. Other than the wind it was a beautiful day.

Director's Report: We had a great turn-out today. We had 2-new Members and one member renewing. Colby Schrump took 1st place with 11.43 lbs, Colby also had Big Bass of 4.87 lbs. Jim Carroll took 2nd place with 10.67 lbs. Dave Rhodes took 3rd place with 9.55 lbs. and Jerry Dye took 4th place with 8.41 lbs.
           There were a few fish taken on tubes and shaky heads and even a buzzbait fish or two but RATTLE-TRAPS  were the tricks of the trade again this week. There were a few taken on crank baits as well. I struggled all day to catch a keeper and had one large opportunity but lost that fish by the boat. There were some really nice weights brought in for a 3-fish limit.   
          Our next event will be on East Fork Lake , Olney, Illinois on March 29th.
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com

Yeagley21

Our next tournament is on East Fork Lake , Olney, Illinois on March 29th.  If you are in the area come and join the fun.  East Fork has been a great lake to fish the past few years and should be a turn out.  Any questions let me know.
Mike Yeagley
www.grandtrods.com
www.pfluegerfishing.com
www.verticallures.com